ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mot big time rip off

Charged Superleggera
outcome was that i got the car back and i didnt pay the £41 for the diagnostic so all i paid for was the mot at £52. he was wanting me to pay for the diagnostic but i just said no because i never asked for it in the first place and then he just shut up. got it booked in again at a guy on wednesday who said that he will only charge £30 for the work and he started laughing at what this guy was wanting 5 hours labour to change an abs sensor.

the brake light is not needed to pass an mot as far as i know because mines is still not working and it wasnt on the mot fail sheet but maybe this varies from one garage to another but all i know was that it wasnt on my fail sheet.

finally i got a qoute from renault today for the abs sensor. they said it would be £50 or there abouts because i cant remember the exact figure and this guy was wanting £106 for the sensor part.

Charged Superleggera
oh i forgot to say that when i asked him if when i get the car repaired by another garage if i can get it mot tested for free at his garage he said that i had to pay £26 (half price) but on one of the posters in the office it said that testing it again after failure whithin 10 days is free so i told him this and he said "oh maybe you are right, i will make a quick call to find out". turns out i was right but i told him i wont be letting him near my car again. after all how can i trust him now after all the lies he has told me and there is no guarentee that he wont do something to my car if i take it back to him.

Mental 172 Cup
if it dosent come into the mot then they cant fail it!

so brake light, spare wheel, and front fogs wont fail mot!

In between cars....
the garage was called kevin pirrie and son. its oposite matalan-avoid them if i were you. also he said that without the high level brake light it wouldnt pass the mot. and cat171 you are right these garges use vague terms to do you so next time i will get a price written down on paper before they even touch my car. i have learnt my lesson but never the less they shouldnt use your faith in them for their own ends. thanks for all the comments guys. keep them comming

HAHA They are renownd for being a bunch of robbing cowboys!! I hear the manager is a complete D*ck as well

Call up BBC's rouge traders ?? They might give it a go ?? If the place is that bad other folk are likely to have complained.
Rogue traders would do a feature (name & shame) if they are that bad.

LY 182
oh i forgot to say that when i asked him if when i get the car repaired by another garage if i can get it mot tested for free at his garage he said that i had to pay £26 (half price) but on one of the posters in the office it said that testing it again after failure whithin 10 days is free so i told him this and he said "oh maybe you are right, i will make a quick call to find out". turns out i was right but i told him i wont be letting him near my car again. after all how can i trust him now after all the lies he has told me and there is no guarentee that he wont do something to my car if i take it back to him.
thats not true at all, if it stays with the garage its a free retest, if it leaves the garage to be repaired there is a retest fee chargable (this is set out by the ministry not garages) half price is what the ministry suggest but 10 pound is the going rate

Charged Superleggera
i dont know what he is like with other customers but juging by what chris has said then i wouldnt be surprised if he has riped a fair few other people off. he saw that i was young so probably thought that i would be an easy target.

Charged Superleggera
ditz it said that a partial fee may have to be paid if they car is taken away but i think that it was their policy to allow car to be taken way and tested again fo free because there are other garages that they do mot's for. after all why would he admit i was right if that wasnt the case

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
It took wayneclio_16v 2 hours to remove / fit a new driveshaft to my 172 in his street!

He said ABS ring would probably take longer, but, effectively cheaper this way.

if it dosent come into the mot then they cant fail it!

so brake light, spare wheel, and front fogs wont fail mot!

the middle brakelight IS a fail...

if its fitted to your car..it HAS to work thats a fact...

that is a load of utter pish

Charged Superleggera
car is going for its another mot test on wenesday hopefully so i decided that i would wire the brake light up this morning. so i removed the spoiler only to find that the guy had cut the brake light wire from its origin. so now it's too short and doesnt reach. i knew he would do something to get back at me but thats just too low. so spent 2 hours tring to trace the wire and connect them up with another wire. before i took the car off of him i did check it but i never thought that he would snap a brake light wire. anyone who is in dundee please avoid kevin pirrie and son garage

1.8 Civic EX
I'm sorry but thats like going into McDonalds, when they ask what you want you say anything, they give you chicken nuggets then you raise hell cos it's not what you wanted...

appreciate the garage was clearly trying to pull the wool over your eyes but you didn't do yourself any favours...

Charged Superleggera
rhino thats a poor analogy. i knew what i wanted but like you said he was trying to pull the wool over my eyes. i know my approach wasnt the best but everyones gotta learn i suppose.