ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MOT Cost OK?

Audi A6 Avant S-Line
Hi

I was just wondering whether this seemed ok, i've just put my Clio in for service & mot. Got a phone call back saying I needed new discs & pads, and 2 new front tyres. £390 for the total including mot & service

Clio 1.5 65bhp Dynamique 22000miles

DazJ

Audi TT 3.2 V6
Sounds pricey to me

If you have the standard 185/55/15 tyres on your car then yu can get pirellis for around £50 of the internet (brand new)

So thats £100 for both.

Disks and pads are prob around the £50 mark but dont quote me on that, its just a guestimate. So £150 + labour

Surely its only an hours labour, maybe 2 tops. I would have thought £250 should cover it?

Audi A6 Avant S-Line
i knew i need the tyres, discs & pads. & yeah £250 for them but its getting serviced & mot'd as well. will find out what they have charged when I go to pick car up

421 Cammed 172
If you're unsure of the price ask for an explanation of the costs over the phone.

You are paying their wages after all.....

Haybails1980

ClioSport Club Member
Is this being done at a Renault dealership.

If so, I thinka service is in the region of £180 and MOT is around £50. So there's £230 before any additional parts and labour.

If it is Renault, definitely check the discs & pads yourself. It seems someone at Renault decided ages ago that nearly every car they ever set on eyes on needs new discs & pads.

ZX6R B1H
lmfbo mine needed new disks and pads when it went in for the bonnet catch to be done... Nowt wrong with them whatso ever rears could do with doing if were being very picky but they wanted to do all four.

Robbing buggers.

a burnt one
Seems reasonable when you factor it the M.O.T and service, depends what service it was, just an oil and filter change, or a full blown servicing?

Servicing varies a fair bit in price between places as does labour rates.

Audi A6 Avant S-Line
Price List

- Regular Customer Discount - £43.11 Deduction
- MOT - £53.10
- Service - £150
- Screenwash, Airfilter, Oilfilter, Oil, Fuelfilter, Valve & Wheel balance, injector washer - £0.00
- 2 tyres - £100
- Discs & Pads - £120
- TOTAL - £380

Also states rear gear box mount worn & oil switch leaking oil slighty & rear tyres starting to crack

Audi A6 Avant S-Line
michelen (sp?) but i've just been out to check & there isn't any visible cracking on the rear tyres :S

Audi A6 Avant S-Line
also how much would i be looking at paying to get the gearbox mount replaced?