ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mot due

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 trophy
Ok so my mot is up tomorrow. i got told that if i book my car into an mot station i can drive my car for a further 7 days.

Is this correct?

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
That is incorrect.

If your car has No MOT or Tax you can drive directly to the MOT station and back home again.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
As Marc said. If you get pulled for no tax or MOT you would tell old bill that you're on your way to an MOT station where they'll then phone up and confirm. If they find out your lying or your MOT appointment isn't for another x amount of days then s**t will hit the fan. Why not just book it in for an MOT tomorrow or do it before it expired?

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
I "may have" managed to lapse my van mot for 5 months and my car 4months...

Close shave as they will just flat bed them away into the distance...

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 trophy
Was something I was told. I was holding out to get something fitted but it will go to the garage tomorrow untill it's fixed

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I once drove with no insurance for 6 weeks (unintentionally) drove round trip of over 2000 miles accross Europe and no one noticed. Personally for an MOT a day or 2 over if risk it.

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 trophy
I had the idea in my head that if i called a garage and booked it for saturday it means if i get pulled i can say my garage is busy and they are booking me in on saturday here is there number. it means i could of put my car in the garage and get it looked at before hand and pick it up saturday mot'd for 1 year.

obv if this isnt the case so its been left at the garage today and hopefully pick it up tonight :)

fingers crossed!

I once drove with no insurance for 6 weeks (unintentionally) drove round trip of over 2000 miles accross Europe and no one noticed. Personally for an MOT a day or 2 over if risk it.

Before someone reads that and thinks it's OK, can you clarify if that was recently or 20 years ago when you were undetectable unless an officer actually pulled you over and checked?

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Mini x 2
I had the idea in my head that if i called a garage and booked it for saturday it means if i get pulled i can say my garage is busy and they are booking me in on saturday here is there number. it means i could of put my car in the garage and get it looked at before hand and pick it up saturday mot'd for 1 year.

obv if this isnt the case so its been left at the garage today and hopefully pick it up tonight :smile:

fingers crossed!

You can MOT your car up to 30 days before it expires (and essentially get a 13 month MOT). So Unless the garage you use has a 4 week waiting list then you have no excuse.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Before someone reads that and thinks it's OK, can you clarify if that was recently or 20 years ago when you were undetectable unless an officer actually pulled you over and checked?

It was over Christmas last year, all of December 2013 and 2 weeks of jan 2014.

Insurance company didn't take payment then cancelled my policy.

172 Turbo
I was followed by a Volvo cop car on the roads up to the Farne Islands, 2 summers back, he was behind us for miles up miles. Got home a week later and opened the insurance renewal to find our car had been insured for the past 3 months as EA58 instead of AE58 and therefore no insurance was shown on our reg!
Isn't no MOT a £100 fine and no points?