ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MOT HELP PLEASE!!

1.4 RT
my MOT is due tomorrow, and i have only one worry, my exhaust is a de-cat. When i bought the car the guy said it wudnt fail on emissions because of the year of the car.
mines a 1992 clio...
just wondered if anyone had any idea if this is true and i dont have to worry about anything??
cheers

If it was registered before 31/7/92 then the higher limits of emmisons apply 1200ppm vs 200 for newer cars and 3.5% CO vs 0.3% for later cars. Also no lambeda meter rules.

No idea if your car will pass best give it a bit of a hard drive before hand to clear anything out. Some cars pass some don't.

hum, i must check when pinky was manufactured (never registered, does that affect it edde?)

Manurfactured date of the engine to be specific.

Hence the issue with kit cars needing to prove there age on the engine before they can be tested in the lower cat rules areas since Q plates denote unknown age (or a mixture of ages).