ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MOT Quickie

172 Cup
Without wanting to hijack the MOT/tax thread thats ongoing...

My other car's MOT is due on the 22nd but its going in this afternoon. If the car fails, am I still allowed to drive it until the 22nd or would the newer failure take priority? The car's still taxed/insured etc but don't really want to get pulled for no MOT if I can't get any repairs done for a few days.

Cheers,
Ian

172 Cup
cool, I should be able to get any work done within a few days but just wanted to check that I could still drive to work etc without any issues - not the I really see much plod about this way but Sod's law isn't my friend.

clio 172-?
yeah your allowed, your current one is running untill the 22nd therefore doesnt expire untill then, although good idea getting it ready for the mot before its due unlike me haha

Clio MK2 1.4 16v
my understanding is that if it fails, you are not allowed to drive it. You can only drive a car without an MOT to a prebooked MOT centre.

Or, bite the bullet and have a pre MOT made.

Double the money but if it fails, you can still drive it.

Some MOT cenres do not allow Pre MOT checks.

172 Cup
Thanks for your help.

Car passed with only a couple of advisories so not an issue now.

Interestingly, the hamsters working away inside the VOSA computers must be working hard, the new MOT is already showing on the MOT checker after only 30 min or so.