ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MOT

Clio 182
Hi People,

I have booked my 182 in for a MOT. I have a issue where my service light, traction control & ABS light comes on. When I turn the car off then on again they disappear. There is not a trigger point when they come on i.e over a certain speed etc. Some journeys the lights dont come on at all then other times its freaquent.

Do you think this will fail my MOT. Hopefully they wont come on.

Terry :)

Discounted 1*2 parts
if the ABS light is on during the MOT it will fail. Get the garage to do a diagnostics to find out the fault

rb182 cup
hiya...i had that problem on my cup...under the passenger seat is a wire...just move it & the lights go off. its a common fault apparently...but as my cup hasnt got ABS the lights that come on are SERVICE & AIRBAG

Discounted 1*2 parts
hiya...i had that problem on my cup...under the passenger seat is a wire...just move it & the lights go off. its a common fault apparently...but as my cup hasnt got ABS the lights that come on are SERVICE & AIRBAG

the airbag wiring has nothing to do with the abs system

It's nice
could be anywhere to be honest,when did it start?(driving or just one day when you started it up?,have you check your earth on your battery...
if the circuits dont have the same 12v feed the only thing they have in common is a earth...
when you said the abs light comes on,is your abs working ok?

Clio 182
to be honest cant say iv had to use the breaks that harsh but i do break very heavy on a daily basis. I bought the car end of october started the day after. iv just left it.

172 cup- suzu rf600r
when the ABS light is on it means its turned off due to a fault (I'm fairly sure)

i dont think its likely to be an earth either tbh, you could spend all day trying to guess but its really quite pointless, you need a diagnostic mate, many garages will do this free if you get the repair there, and even if you dont it wont cost much

172 cup- suzu rf600r
details details lol, traction abs and service could also mean a sensor fault, service just means it needs fixed, abs and traction both operate off the same sensors.

but like i say its guess work and a bit fruitless when theres one fast cheap way of finding out

I got the exact same problem. It will randomly come on say every three days and when it does come on it's after the brakes have been used.