ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MOT

172 ph1 ASBO SLAYER

i know that this will annoy some, but the MOT test is there for several very good reasons, and the uk MOT test is very sub standard for cars compared to that of commercial vehicles. i am a commercial/pcv fitter and i can tell you that these vehicles can have to pass a mot test so strict it would put 30 p;er cent of cars off the road, also commercials are subject to routine stop checks. and it really annoys me that there are 20 times as many cars on the road as commercials and car owners seem to think their easy going mot test is an optional chore. if my vehicle was struck by a car with a blag, sub standard or even no current mot certificate, and i beleived this to be so, i would :mad: (sorry ran out of words)

NO OFFENCE INTENDED TO ANYONE JUST EXPRESSING A POINT OF VIEW

Very good point Benji..

As an MOT tester myself I have to pass some cars that meet the MOT "standard" but should not actually be on the road..

For example I had a Renault 21 in a few weeks ago.. 16 years old and rough as you like.. Worth £30 to a Gipsy, but no the guy paid £875!!! to have the repairs done to pass the test.. WHY??? He could have bought a nicer car for less than that.. For sure next year it will need another £600 quid spent on it.. Some people?!

From a legal stand point if the car passes the MOT it does NOT mean it is legal to drive on the road as their are Construction and use regulations/laws that are not taken into account in the test and you could be stopped and prosectuted..

172 ph1 ASBO SLAYER

i totally agree on construction and use! i think the japs have it bought right. their emissions laws are so strict, most cars over there are scrap by the time theyre 5 or 6 years old! but then they get shipped over here as grey imports where they find a new lease of life!

by the way, im in no way avin a go at testers, but at legislation and certain people who think the mot test is an optional extra. or beleive all problems can be got around by finding a friendly tester.