ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MOT

Clio Sport 182
Afternoon,
I just put my car in for the MOT and it failed on a few things, I was quoted £340 for 1 rear shock absorber and discs and pads on the back. This cannot be correct can it? Say it’s £50 for the MOT surely it’s not £290 for one shock and discs and pads on the back.
Do you think he is having me on or am i being tight?

172 Turbo
About £130 for the brake parts, rear shocks are quite cheap. Could be about £90 of labour which isn't terrible - not bad when you consider VAT and profit on top

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
thats expensive to me my local garage charges 30 an hour take it somewhere cheaper his labour rate must be a lot

2014 Clio 200t edc
eBay for some rear discs and pads = £70 max, two shocks = £66 from Adam at Wolverhampton Renault, fit them yourself on the drive = £priceless.

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
3 seconds on ebay and rear disks, pads and bearings are £60 delivered.. I paid buttons for my front shocks direct from renault so a rear won't rape you..

Retest is normally free still within 7 days or so..

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
Sounds like a plan to me. Thanks again.

Go to the local motorfactors if your up against the clock, but be careful and price check the brands they try and sell you, it's often cheap shite at full whack...

I hate it when they price me Mickey Mouse parts for more money than good quality ones offline.. You can normally check the brands in their websites...

Yes, I'm a brand snob

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
totally agree i got front and rear discs and pads brembo on ebay cheaper than anywhere,was nearly double inlocal factors

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
agh the female driver rip you off trick,im having front discs and rear discs and pads fitted for 60 in labour so he must be trying it on m8 to be honest

Clio Sport 182
I picked the car up last night and he was asking for £439 to fix all the problems. I told him he is having a laugh and asked for my MOT so I could do the work myself. Turns out the rear discs where pitted and was an advisory didn’t even need replacing. I bought rear shocks last night for £85 a pair and bought rear pads for £20. Gonna fit them on the weekend and give it back to him.
It’s safe to say he will never see a car of mine again.

Clio Sport 182
Haha *after the MOT he will never see another one of my cars again.

Dont worry I am not fitting them my mate is - I couldnt change a windscreen wiper.