ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Motamec seats

BMW 120D M Sport
Has anyone got/used motamec seats before?

Been looking at them and they seem really good value, Just unsure on quality etc

colesy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 182 197 E61 530D
Mate of mine put some in his 182, I thought the quality was really good and they were comfortable too

cliocollins

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB's RB & F56 jCW
I've had mine in a couple of years with matching harnesses and door pulls. Very good seats and surprisingly comfortable! I know K-Tec now stock these.

48114530481_ccdc74f92e_k.jpg
Finishing and Cleaning the interior. by ANDREW COLLINS, on Flickr

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
Nice mate,what model are your seats?.would you say these are same kind of seat as the Clubsports? @cliocollins

i was looking at the GT02 as a Clubsport alternative after Corbeau told me they had a Clubsport redesign on the horizon but couldn’t confirm a date!

4E20BA3A-E39A-455C-ACA1-71E3C72FB12B.jpeg

It’s bloody hard to find a good ‘road’ bucket seat from what I can see. The pole positions are mad money

cliocollins

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB's RB & F56 jCW
Nice mate,what model are your seats?.would you say these are same kind of seat as the Clubsports? @cliocollins
Mine are the EVO ONE, very much a clubsport seat, a fixed bucket like the pole positions. Here's a link for more details:

I know motorsporttools is another stockist.

Hope that helps!

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
The trouble with seats,you cant go by much on what the photo shows you.You need to try the seat & material i find,only decent place i can think of to go to and see is GSM Performance which are just over 2hr drive away.

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
HRX seats are still my favourite. Had the HRX Racers in the Clio and even codriver after 3 day event also commented how comfy they were.
www.lhmotorsport.co.uk

In the past i had Cobra Imola 2 seats for years until the seat date thing came in for rallying, but I didnt find the newer Cobra seats as comfy. Maybe cos now fat arse?

Picked up some Motordrives for the latest project and need to lose weight to fit in them properly.

The trouble with seats,you cant go by much on what the photo shows you.You need to try the seat & material i find,only decent place i can think of to go to and see is GSM Performance which are just over 2hr drive away.

Depending where you're based. Outside of covid, Demon Tweeks in Wrexham have a showroom with loads of bucket seat options which you can sit in and try out.

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
I Tried a load of seats out at GSM's showroom in Cotgrave Nottingham. At the time I really liked the Mirco seats they stocked, though I can't recall which one it was, either the GT or RTS as it was sub £300 each. However, I ended up cheaping out and going for the Clubsports for £350 a pair at the time. The Clubsports were ok, but the Micro's were much nicer. Also the Sabalt GT090 fit me quite nicely as a cheaper option.

BMW 120D M Sport
Did you go for Motamec seats in the end? Interesting to see what you think of them

I’ve still not decided yet, Im tempted to go with a Sparco Circuit 2 only because ive had one before and im just unsure about the motamec i don’t seem to be able to find many opinions on them

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Bimarco Futura in my civic. Very well priced and better for the taller blokes (padding on the rear is a bit light so I've chucked in some memory foam pads off amazon, for the road journeys)

BMW 120D M Sport
I’ve decided with the Sparco circuit, Only due to having 1 in my old Ka so know i fit in it and the dimensions of the seat show it’ll easily fit in the car with the safety devices cage ive got