ClioSport.net

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

  • When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front passenger seat rattle in a 172 Cup

ex-Chinese Dave

ClioSport Club Member
Car  172 Cup
Granted, it’s not a new car and things wear out but is there any solution to this?


With no one in the seat if you push gently on it, you will make a clunking noise that is coming from the tracks that allow the seat to move back-and-forth. I’ve had a good look underneath the seat and nothing is broken or loose. The only thing I noticed is that the loose play seems to be coming from the plastic looking white bearings that the seat sits on above the track. I’ve put a little grease on them today but that obviously hasn’t stopped the rattle. I can’t see any means of adjustment so is there something else that can be done to stop this loose play? I’m guessing the best solution is to turn up the stereo!

 
Back
Top