ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Motor Swap questions.

Grey2231

ClioSport Club Member
  2002 Clio 2 1.4 16v
Hello I have a Clio 2 Facelift 1.4 16v. I have lost most of the compression in cylinder 2 and decided to replace the engine. It's cheaper than rebuilding and I need the car back up and running fast. I sourced a Megane 1.6 16v with 115hp for a good price locally (Germany). I know the 1.4 and 1.6 16vs are nearly identical but is it a plug and play? Clio vs. Megane and ECU with 1.4 vs. 1.6? Thanks in advance.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Probably not, nothing is ever as easy as you want it to be.

If you need the car running in a hurry you really should have gone like for like.

Grey2231

ClioSport Club Member
  2002 Clio 2 1.4 16v
Yeah I looked into it realising the ECU needs reprogramming and such. but funny enough the 1.4 16vs here are more expensive. I found one for 350€ with shipping. I'll just stick to that one. mine lasted 260.000 km so let's hope the next one will too.