ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Motorbike Can + Decat!!

Got my car booked in with charlie at Pro Speed for friday at 12 pm to have a motorbike race can fitted! Cant wait! Fitted my Ramcharger today and thats sounding lush but i cant wait for the exhaust.

Im not sure whether to get a de-cat as well though while im there!?

Ive got a 1.4 16v so its not completey pointless in doing engine mods so im not sure if its worth getting the de-cat or not, have people whove fitted one noticed any gains?

Any help or advice would be cool. Cheers!!

Forgot to say, anyone got any ideas on what i should have it exiting like at the back or should i just keep it hidden as it is now, sort of a stealth system!

Mr2 Roadster

You can get good power from a 1.4

I have 190bhp at the moment but I recon on 240bhp very soon!

Quote: Originally posted by NickyB on 10 May 2004

You can get good power from a 1.4

I have 190bhp at the moment but I recon on 240bhp very soon!
Cool, im a bit far behind with my (about) 100 bhp. LOL

Most bike cans have a kink in it so that the exit points back, not straight up when mounted on a bike.

I used the link to point left and i think its awesome. Its only a small exit so looks subtle, i dont like soddingly big exits.

Get a decat if you want as you can always swap it or sell it on.

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 10 May 2004

Most bike cans have a kink in it so that the exit points back, not straight up when mounted on a bike.

I used the link to point left and i think its awesome. Its only a small exit so looks subtle, i dont like soddingly big exits.

Get a decat if you want as you can always swap it or sell it on.

The thing is though my car doesnt have an exit as standard so it may look silly if its got a little tailpipe on show.

Nice one for sending me to charlie he sounds like a really sound guy!

Yea, charlie is awesome.

You can cutout the bumper, he cna do that too...a small cutout for the pipe to stick out rather than hang below....

Mr2 Roadster

But Toms123 know better than me, the owner!

PM him if you want any info on my 1.4.

didnt think a bike exhaust CAN would fit a car ? is it a better sound. wish i could get the 14000 rpm aswell.

[Edited by cliotuRS on 10 May 2004 at 7:28pm]