ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Motorcycle - DAS help

tiTTy & SV650
OK yes I admit being too lazy to search...

What do I need to do to get my Direct Access? My boss is putting me through a training course, I have only ever ridden bikes offroad so will need to start at the beginning i.e. theory and CBT - what order, how much and then what?

I've been told to check out prices for a training course, I dont feel the need to rush through it in a couple of days, that scares me to be honest! lol

Do they provide all the gear when you hire the bike? Or will I need a jacket, gloves and helmet of my own?

Any advice from the numerous bikers here appreciated.

Cheers, Rory

Clio 182
Rory,

There are companies which will do a three day intensive course for around £600 inc CBT and practical test. Essentialy you would need to have your theory test completed before the course, then the course would consist of a CBT on day 1 using a 125 geared motorcycle, then I believe 2-3 days on an un restricted 500cc bike ( Kawasaki ER-5 or Honda CB500) The last day I believe you will have your Practical test on a 500cc bike.

This would then allow you to ride any bike above 33bhp. Most places will hire helmet and gloves along with the bike for a small fee. Depending on how your skills progress would depend how long you take. be warned its not an easy route and will demand that you pick things up during the day very quickly!
Hope my rant helps?

Rich :)

tiTTy & SV650
why has this been moved to media?! lol granted it's general automotive but there's no pics!!!

haha was just reading the over moderated thread too...

SLK 350
IMO It (along with all bike related threads) should be in OTHER MARQUES.

Search for a thread started by Ad in the General Section (IIRC), pages and pages of our experiences.

106 GTi
why has this been moved to media?! lol granted it's general automotive but there's no pics!!!

haha was just reading the over moderated thread too...

LOL

Same reason as the Hamilton leads the F1 thread got moved yesterday, clearly the new mods are not to sure what the media forum is about.

Golf GTI 1.8T
If your an off road rider i'd say a 3 day course would be enough for yourself. They normally tell you what your'll need after the CBT.

Recently my mate did his theory test then booked it, did the CBT on the sat then mon,tues,wed riding and test on the thurs morning although he did restricted license but still the test is the same.

I did similar bar the CBT which I already had, only thing is if you fail like he did its about another £170 for another test cause you need to hire the instructor & bike for a day and buy the test, harsh! Glad I past 1st time.

I found it pretty easy tbh.

tiTTy & SV650
I wouldn't call myself an off roader lol I've been on a MX training course and ridden the work KX250 a few times till it got nicked! I'm very much a novice.

cheers for the advice, work are paying so harsh but not my problem lol