ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Motoring days out and ideas thread

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
If you’ve done something or been somewhere that is a bit off the beaten track, post details in here for us all to see.

I want to do Haynes, Mathewsons Auctions and some sort of retro show/day this year. And now I’m not goi g to be working anywhere near as much, I’m actually going to do it instead of just talking about it. 😂

so yeah, what have you got to show us??

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
I should have the Cossie back in about 3 weeks/ a month.

Once its back I want to do a few (as many as I can (before it breaks) Lol)

That more accurate? :)

Looking forward to seeing more about it when it’s back

I get where your coming from, it was in jest 🙂 I've been perhaps 3 times in the past fifteen years.

What about something like retro rides? Never been myself tbh.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Haynes is good although it has gone a bit 'car show' in recent years. Museum's pretty good on its own so if you haven't been for that then it's worth going.

Have you been to any of the Queen Square meets? It's on my list of things to do, it's quite a nice one.

Watergate Bay Hillclimb/Sprint down in Newquay is often good, get to see a bit of racing and some sea and sand whilst you're at it. Closer though is Wiscombe Park, if you go for the National Hillclimb Championship weekend there's some very quick stuff competing.

That's just off the top of my head, but I'm guessing you've done the usual Goodwood FoS/Revival etc.

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
From a Hillclimb point of view Prescott is a good venue
Absolutely agree, it’s really local to me (I grew up in a village down the road) there are many owners club events and special races held there over the year. It’s genuinely excellent value and a decent day out. Plus be a reasonably nice drive from Bristol for you @Daniel

Peugeot sport owners club hold their ‘festival’ there each year. Depending on date I hope to go this year

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Breakfast Sunday’s at Goodwood. They’ve just released the free rickets to Supercar Sunday on May 1st.

Rowan - Mortgage Expert

ClioSport Trader
  Audi SQ5
Not exactly off the beaten track but Caffeine and Machine is worth a visit, admittedly no where near you either Daniel.

Haynes breakfast is worth going to as others have said, and not so far for you. I'm going to the next one.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Santa Pod would be quite far but you could do it with Silverstone Museum and other local bits. The top fuel dragsters are epic to watch.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
May have missed what's gone on, what's it having done?
It’s having the other half of the bodywork done. I had half of it done when I bought it but with a near £6k quote, I decided to split it in to 2 halves. 😂