ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

motorpoint £11K for 172`s !

insane price IMO.. makes me wonder how much im gonna get for mine in 1.5-2yrs time?? £6500-7K at a push with just 20-25k on the clock? that from £14600 -> £7000 in just over two years.. still i enjoy the car and i didnt actually pay much more when i bought mine from motorpoint 6months ago ((£12000+including extras))..

nice second hand buy for someone!!

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Big Iain on 19 January 2004

imports are always gonna be worth less!!
True, but this also helps drive down the price of pukka UK cars too...

:cry:

a 172 is a 172, there all the same, dunno why people have this thing about import cars. Personally I would rather (and did) save 3k. When I sold the 172 I got perhaps £2-300 less than a uk car ! Nice saving I think. :D

me too.. lizzy, i dont know why people are so arsey about imports as long as they have full UK/Euro safety legislation etc.. there just the same car.

Not even CUP drivers could pick the differences between imports and euro cars ;)

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

I think buying an import not only means you get it for cheaper, but the rate of devaluation is significantly worse, I think that people who bought a 172 for UK list price are gonna be hardest hit.

Lee

BMW M2C

You bought it for less, so youll sell it for less. Unless you are a corrupt Renault dealership who have been known to do that.

I got mine from Motorpoint also. It was either an import 172 or compromise and go for a Cup.;)

I would definatly buy another import as it really makes sense. With the money saved on the 72 I got myself another toy.... a CBR 600 ! So got the best of both worlds....

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

The first owner of my car got it from motorpoint and had it for seven months before i bought it with 7k on the clock.Its an april 02 172 and i paid £9800,ive had it over a year now and i dont think i would get a lot less for it now,a proper bargain if i do say so myself.

Still not gonna sell it though,what could i get for the money/fun.

Ian

Quote: Originally posted by Lizzy on 20 January 2004
I bought my 172 from Motorpoint and I saved about 3 grand on list price and I am chuffed to bits with it.

SNAP!!, I got mine from motorprovider, saved nearly 3K, love it to bits, i will never go to a main dealer again - as long as the warrentys pukka, youre save!!

those who have bought theirs from motorpoint have you had any probelms when taking the car into a dealer to get it serviced or any warranty work done?

No problems as such but when I took my car to Renault explaining that I bought it from Motorpoint and they had advised me to speak to Renault and validate the warranty, they did nothing, just said "oh bring it in for its first service at 18000 miles" Is this right? It was a fairly dippy girl I was talking to, but 18000 miles seems a long time to go without a service especially on a brand new engine....

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

No its not 18,000 miles.. its 12,000 miles or 2 years whichever is sooner.

Dont worry I have not come across one dealer yet that when you say you have a 172 they tell you the correct service intervals.