ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

motorway EXPLOSION

03 RS clio 172 flameR
ok well not quite,

was coming down the motorway to santa pod yesterday, pulled over at some services about 20 miles away and noticed CV grease all over my wheel! yep got to santa pod and the cv boot had exploded.... well split, so limped back from the pod at no more than 60 mph to avoid the joint f**king up and a managed a average of.... wait for it..... 50.7 MPG!!!
anyway, i need know best place and prices for a cv boot. i know this is common part on any car but every part i buy for this car (ball joint) seams to be like some kind of hidden relic!

cheers people

03 RS clio 172 flameR
50.7?? did you reset it while traveling along.

nope, reset it before leaving the pod, so the whole 119 miles

ANY motor factor. Check it'ss not just the clip that's broken though, it normally is

na clip is the s**t type that always fall off, but tis still on, jus got two slits in the rubber where its perished. but will be using good old jubelee clips when the new one goes on.

03 RS clio 172 flameR
just to let people kno the mpg i got was true, but it was by doing speeds of 50-60 max, and driving extreamly smooth, on reflection, i would rather stab my fuel tank with a screw driver and drive like a mad man than the bordem of slip steaming a lorry the whole way

Clio 172 cup
If I were to drive like one of the elderly, I could get 50 mpg quite easily. Highest I've had is about 54 in my cup.

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
if i remember right we don't do them, best off going to renault on this one i think.