ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mount problem and clutch

16v & FRST
Right folks as i'm new to the renault scene i have come accross a slight problem that seems to have accourd after i bought the car the other day:mad: to me it sounds like the thrust bearing is worn as it make a wurring noise and when depressed it stops is this the bearing ??? also when i change gear i can feel a bit of movement in the selector and sometimes slips out of second were its bumpy, is this the mount gone as the lad said he'd had new ones??

The problems i've listed above what sort of jobs are they to do??

How hard is it to get at the clutch
how hard are the mounts to change

Many thanks

Chris.

80MPG BEEZA
you can get uprated bushes from www.k-tecracing.com or just go to vardies there around 30 squid and take under 30 mins to change its only 2 bolts bish bosh and your done, if that doesnt sort it check you mount thats under the battery! if thats gone i have a brand spanker in the packaging you can have for £20 which is a few squids cheaper

172 Mk2 Ph1
If you get the uprated bushes make sure you have the twisted dogbone mount first as they wont fit the straight one as I found out...

16v & FRST
cheers for the help lads, batman i'll get back to you on that, this noice coming from the passenger side is playing on my mind it deffo sound like thrust bearing as when the clutch is depressed the noice fades away and when released it returns, would the mounts be causing something moving causing it or is it more likely to be a fucked bearing??

Cheers

Chris.

Massey6465 & saxo1.1
Does sound like the Thurst bearing mate,as it stops when you press the clutch.