ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Moving my itunes to a new computer.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Sorry but can someone help me in laymans terms?

I have a new laptop i would like to move it all too insted of it being on my home PC due to more people using one account on the same PC. So far i have -

Installed itunes on my laptop
Copied all my music to my laptop
Logged in on my account.

Now what next? How do i transfer purchases etc?

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
You need to authorize your itunes account on that computer (Your only allowed 5 authorized computers so if your already at 5 you'll have to de-authorize one). Its in one of the top drop down menus. I'm on a Mac and its in the Advanced menu.

Once your authorized go to the iTunes store and on the right hand side theres a quick links list. Purchased is one of those links, click on that and it'll show you your purchases. Download the ones you want. Simples.

Don't know if its the same for Mac's , but my music is stored on a network hard drive, (non itunes purchases)
When I loaded itunes on another computer, just copied the itunes folder in "my music" across, so all the directories came up on the new comp.
Probably not much help for you though lol.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
If you do get stuck, there are loads of vids on youtube on how to transfer itunes libraries.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Well it seems painless. I've already moved all my non purchased music over. So its just a case of doing the rest i guess. Oh and my app's somehow.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
I have music, tv shows, apps and books though have no movies option.