ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Moving to a company Car - what happens to my personal NC?

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
I have currently built up 5 years no claims (and there currently protected)

However.. ive just got myself a new company car, and i will be insured on the company fleet insurance meaning that i no longer need my personal car insurance

Ive just spoken to elephant (though he wasnt english...) and he said that i have 2 years from the date i cancel my policy to start a new policy and be able to use my 5 years no claims..

if i dont re-insure another vehicle within 2 years i loose my no claims and have to start again from scratch..

does this sound right? has anyone else had to go through this?

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
okie dokie.. i guess i will get proof of my 5 years from them then

we will probably get something else (knowing us) in a few months anyway and i will just insure that

Sunflower & Golf Mk6 BMT
This is exactly whats happening to me. I will be picking my 58 plate Vauxhall Vectra up at the end of August, I will be selling the 172 but keeping the valver as a track car.

Not sure if I will cancel personal insurance on the valver and trailer it. Dont think I will get a big refund anyway so might as well keep my personal policy.

Civic 1.6 V-Tec
tis standard across the industry.
i had a couple on the phone once that used to swap the main driver every year so that they each kept their no claims. very clever.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Yep as the chap from Elephant said as i found out when i went to insure my Cup after 3 years with a company car.... 7 Years NCD down the drain.

Lee

BMW M2C
Yeah that's true, but they don't always stick to it 100%. I had a company car for 2 and a half years, but the AA let me keep mine just to get my business when it came to insuring my own car.

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
^^ thats what my dad said... "get proof of the 5 years you have, but dont worry to much as most companys will just want your business so wont worry about how long its been" :D

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
^^ thats what my dad said... "get proof of the 5 years you have, but dont worry to much as most companys will just want your business so wont worry about how long its been" :D

But Not Flux, HIC, Herts, Tescos or Direct Line :quiet: