ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

moving to the dark side

yes the civic type-r is calling
selling the clio sport 172 to make way for the type-r
what do you lot think of em

shorty

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport

fast but looks like an mpv

Dont like gearstick either

its too expensive

its japanese

other than that not a bad mota;)

Id find out a bit more about them if i were you, Ive heard that the engines are a bit fragile........dunno if thats true, we havnt had any in the garage yet......well....not with a blown engine anyway !!:sick:

mk2 172

185 bhp they are

its the EK-9, some have that interior, some do not, some have toys, some dont, and most importantly some have the LSD but some not. and they import for big dollar

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by matbrown on 14 April 2003

Dont like the attitude that seems to come with them!

Mat.
The attitude of CTR drivers is very much like that of new MINI drivers! They think they are a class above Clio drivers!

It is all in their minds!

:D

shorty do it mate

if u can find a ek9 type r then even better. these are better than the new ones and faster too

if u do get a ek, u will be driving something very special and rare

wongy

That Civic above is mega mega mint.. Id definetly have it..

I know someone who used to have a Honda Jordan.. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. That was sooooo nice.

I much prefer that shape - it truely is a very nice car.

Go for it - then come to a Midlands meet! hehe.

Daz.

as long as it aint a new typre r then go for it. New one looks too much like a bread van! Get an import with all the toys and you wont look back. jap quality is better than anywhere else and you get more for your money (including more power!)

I love the Clio but yearn for an MR2 turbo (when insurance allows) because Jap quality shines through

CTR EK9 turbo

get the early one. I had a performance car mag ages ago which pitched the 205 gti, clio williams, R5 gtt, and others against the civic type R. They said it sounded like a touring car! with a 1.6 at that state of tune, im sure it revs to the moon. I really wanted to get one when i was looking for cars, but couldnt find one, anywhere. There was one for sale in autotrader a while back and he said that it had the Spoon engine, and revs to an even higher level-possibly turbocharged as well. Who knows.

Theres a movie of one racing an integra type R (both white) around a track somewhere on the internet. My friend has it on a CD so il ask him where he got it from.....on the track both of the cars are pretty evenly matched.

Do remember that the civic has 0 torque and as to be revved hard to keep going, but who argues with that eh? we all rev our cars high and hard!

S2000

Shorty,

If you manage to get a hold of a previous gen Type-R, then you will have one of the fastest, best handling FWD cars on the road, not to mention the most exclusive! I have that vid of the Teg & the Civic round a track, let me know if your interested and Ill upload it to my webspace!

As far as the new Type-R goes, imo it is a bit of sideways step in terms of performance, but other areas like, build quality, reliability and residuals will all be better.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

i like the shape before that civic with the split boot the tail gate drops down and the glass pops up.

saw a program when i was in america had a guy that had 1 and he had done exterior and stripped interior with custom dash and buckets, he went to a shop and took it round the back in to the shop garage, they opened the bonet then it went to time lapse film they wacked the engine out and full zorst sytem put new zorst on got a shiney new spoon engine dropped it in closed the bonnet and the guy drove off with it the same day and it was wicked sooo fast.

MaLicE

You wont regret it, if you decide you want a new shape one I am selling mine if you are interested. £13500 for a quick sale but it will have to be quick I need to get rid before the end of the week.

C

Cupster

No bullsh*t my mate has a mini (proper mini, not no bmw thing)with an integra type r engine in it. the front was extended by 3 inches - TOOL!!!

Thanks for all your positive replies
i have about 5 import companys looking for one, iwould love to get hold of one in black, i agree the new one is nice but the 1998 shape is the one to go for, fingers crossed i will get one i had a civic vti coupe and that went like a rocket

Cheers shorty