ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MP3 format tunes

Does ne bodys standard cd player play mp3 format tunes? bcos ive made this cd with like 70 songs on it. or am i going to hav to buy an aftermarket one?

the OE unit will not play MP3 CDs. You would need to get an aftermarket unit for that or you could just keep what you have and get an iPod and a Dension Ice>Link. Then youll never have to burn a CD again in your whole entire life!

its quicker for mr to burn a cd than it is to put the same amount of songs on my ipod. a lot quicker. cds are the best wasy. the mp3 headunits are coming up quite cheap now as well.

Clio 1.4, SV650S

i managed to get 12 albums on one CD in mp3 format.

Now have no cds rattling about getting scratched in the car, and havent changed the CD in weeks! its great....

much cheaper than an iPod. (though they are pretty cool)

Quote: Originally posted by bsimmer3000 on 02 March 2005
its quicker for mr to burn a cd than it is to put the same amount of songs on my ipod. a lot quicker. cds are the best wasy. the mp3 headunits are coming up quite cheap now as well.

I can upload 3000 songs to my iPod in 30mins, so thats 100/min which is much faster than any CD burner, plus its a one off operation, once copied to the iPod you shouldnt have to do it again. Having an iPod in the car is so much better than having loads of CDs like I used to.

Ziel Nurburgring

Quote: Originally posted by davidwilson666 on 02 March 2005

I can upload 3000 songs to my iPod in 30mins, so thats 100/min which is much faster than any CD burner, plus its a one off operation, once copied to the iPod you shouldnt have to do it again. Having an iPod in the car is so much better than having loads of CDs like I used to.
USB 1 is so slow. USB 2 will do it much quicker

well dont know what writer your using but nealry all dvd writer drives are now 16x and wont belong until we get the full 52x speed drives like the cd drives.

I always copy me music to dvd-r media and takes me about 12-14 mins to copy 2000 songs onto a disc. and trust me you wouldnt need any more than that.

so infact the dvd option is faster. and less hassle. just drag, drop and copy done. ;)

The i pod is a good option if ya aint got the capability to play mp3s on your head unit. but its like the days when people used to get their personal cd players and connect them to their cassete players in their cars lol how meny people do you see do that now.

[Edited by bsimmer3000 on 02 March 2005 at 5:05pm]

Golf GTD

caraudiosecurity.com

they do some good deals on MP3 headunits. I got mine from their, got it within 2 days of ordering.

anyone who cares about sound quality, will only put songs of 256kbps or better onto a cd for use, you can hear the difference otherwise, this means you get a lot less songs on the cd, so doesnt really help too much

Polo + Micra

well dont know what writer your using but nealry all dvd writer drives are now 16x and wont belong until we get the full 52x speed drives like the cd drives.

[Edited by bsimmer3000 on 02 March 2005 at 5:05pm]

remember that cd writing speed and dvd writing speed aint the same (2xdvd=about 30xcd)

An Mp3 head unit wld not recognise the DVD disc .....you wld have to stick wid the normal cdrs.......put a dvd in ya cdrom drive and try it!!! u need a dvd player to play dvds no matter what files are on the disc

must take feckin ages to find the song you want going thro 3000 tunes i have 100 on one of my mp3 comps and thats bad enough 3000 alot of skippin lol

dave

well the good thing about it is that if you copy them as they are stored in windows. example just drag the whole of your music folder to nero then copy then it will be the same on your head unit. all the folders will come up and ya choose ya album and then ya song. infact its very quick. i was worried it wouldnt recognise them in the folders and put all 3000 songs onto a disc. dam would take ya a week to get to song number 2343 lol