ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MPG from your 197

Currently Corsa C
Hi guys, im new to this forum but looking into getting a clio sport 197, wondering what sort of MPG you guys looking at on average motorway and town driving?

Thanks Carl :D

Audi A5
Re: MPG from your cliosport 197

Getting the later model has a longer box which helps keeping the mpg up, sure I read that off here a while back :/ can anyone confirm this...

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode

Yeah by a couple of mpg.

My 2006 used to average around 28, the current Cup I have 2008 does 30 +. Same use etc.

Currently Corsa C

so the later models ie. 08,09 plates have slightly better MPG due to more economical parts? .... so i should look towards the later ones?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode

late 2007 the final drive ratios in 5th and 6th were increased (only by a few 100 rpm). The box itself is no better, just helps the mpg slightly

Gear ratios 5th and 6th have been raised from 16.1mph/1000rpm to 17.1 in 5th and from 18.9mph/1000rpm to 20.5 in 6th

Currently Corsa C

late 2007 the final drive ratios in 5th and 6th were increased (only by a few 100 rpm). The box itself is no better, just helps the mpg slightly

so i should be looking at the late 2007 models? or the 08's too?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode

sorry, late 2007 onwards it was standard fit to all 197's :)

White clique

IMO the difference in MPG would be too neglegable to look at the newer models purely based on MPG / fuel costs, unless they fall within your budget anyway! Or else its going to take an infinite amount of time to recoup the additional outlay.

Bux

Golf GTD

At the moment i'm getting about 32mpg, which is a mixture of dual carriageway, town and country lane driving.

Megane 275 trophy006

I average 30+ in mine. Mixed driving town and NSL roads. Motorways I can see 35+ if I'm just setting it on cruise control and letting it go.
This is on a 56 plate (reg January 07)
A lot of it comes down to how and where you are driving it.

Currently Corsa C

At the moment i'm getting about 32mpg, which is a mixture of dual carriageway, town and country lane driving.

this is similar to what id be doing and the motorway journey to work which is 5 mins on motorway and 5 mins on dual carriageway which is 40. Would i achieve low 30's from this journey i make twice a day 4 times a week?

Swift Sport

Depends on how heavy your foot is...

Drive like a granny - Poor
Drive like you're Ken Block - Sh*t

Audi A5

Sorry to hijacked thread but would you think a 197 gets better mpg than r26 and if so by how much?

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio

After the midlands meet and a enthustiastic drive with everyone afterwards my 172 got 32mpg, not sure if you wanted to know this but thought it might be useful as a comparison

Renaultsport clio R27 F1

Checked today, I have got an avg of 30.4 mpg over the last 8,000 miles. I dont flaw it everywhere but i dont drive slow either. mainly town and city driving with occasional motorway use.

R26/200 Raider
My 197 cup is poor on fuel. Then again i drive with a heavy right foot. Do i care? Not at all, i have never owned such a great car in all my life. Even the mrs likes it and she normally couldn't give a monkeys about cars. Its a fight in our house as to who takes the Clio. 25MPG is very poor but the fun factor you get when driving it sure makes up for it.

Currently Corsa C
Checked today, I have got an avg of 30.4 mpg over the last 8,000 miles. I dont flaw it everywhere but i dont drive slow either. mainly town and city driving with occasional motorway use.

Thats a nice average MPG figure dave, i would be more than happy to have that as i do similar driving to you and i am same, dont flaw it but dont hang about either.

My 197 cup is poor on fuel. Then again i drive with a heavy right foot. Do i care? Not at all, i have never owned such a great car in all my life. Even the mrs likes it and she normally couldn't give a monkeys about cars. Its a fight in our house as to who takes the Clio. 25MPG is very poor but the fun factor you get when driving it sure makes up for it.

Sounds like a competition to get the 197 :) i totally agree with you, smiles per gallon not miles per gallon. But still a average high 20's is good enough for me