ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MPG problems

Renaul clio 1.2 16v
My MPG is crap. I know its cold so shouldn't be as good as normal. But the car is down to 38MPG which is crapfor a 1.2 which should be 48MPG (so the book says)
I have changed air filter. Pumped up my tyres to the right psi but still no joy. what else could be making it so poor. Should i check if all pipes are right and not letting out any air along the way, or are there any sensors i need to check or maybe replace. It does have a new MAP sensor on as had to change this with a new wiring loom
Cheers

Renaul clio 1.2 16v
I dont rag it around much. I do get alot of traffic coming and going to work. It's a 45 mile round trip, so i know that does not help. But even at weekend aftre i just fill up the MPG is still poor. All i can think off is to change the oil, and maybe the cooleant. Not even sure if that will help tho.

Renaul clio 1.2 16v
I am still running short on MPG then. Was just thinking if there was anything else i can do to try and up the MPG

Cro

Meg'd r27
maybe check the carbon canister that might cause a dip in mpg sn commonly broken on the 1.2 iirc ,mine was broken anyway!

Focus MK2 1.8TDCi
i get 38-42 mpg in my clio, and i'm on teh motorway all the time, but i blame it on me doing 85/90 a lot. I finish work at 12:30am, so the motorway is always empty.