ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MPG slump.........

Monaco Blue 172 (56/468)
Since i have had my car (18 months) it has always averaged around 30mpg.....I have been driving it no differently of late and the last couple of weeks have been around 25mpg......

could something be causing this to worry about....apart from my driving:rasp:

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Nope, cold weather will reduce fuel economy in the winter months

Petrol expands in hotter conditions, this and maybe give your car a service?

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Id still say she will be fine, although if your getting a consistent 25mpg (in all driving id be a little worried)

What are you running her on?

Id fill her to the brim and go as easy as you can to see what the full tank produces?

Monaco Blue 172 (56/468)
Id still say she will be fine, although if your getting a consistent 25mpg (in all driving id be a little worried)

What are you running her on?

Id fill her to the brim and go as easy as you can to see what the full tank produces?

tesco super unleaded or shell v-power........

£20 gets me 90odd miles at the moment!!

black ph2 172
mine is doing the same, cold weather, i was getting 280 miles to a full tank now struggle to get 260.:(

I've never noticed any difference in the cold and I've had mine 4 years. I get 36-38 on the computer which works out as 33-35 in reality, and I don't spare the horses either. My driving is most "extra urban" I suppose. I've also never noticed a significant difference with the >95 RON fuels either.

Could be lambda sensor for a sudden MPG drop, plus all the obvious stuff.

Last edited:
And surely with the lambda sensor constantly adjusting the mixture the fuel/air temperature shouldn't be an issue because the lambda sensor will say add more/less fuel depending on the oxygen present in the exhaust gasses?