ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mpg to vcd

172 Cup

Whats the easiest and quickest way of getting from an mpg file to a vcd which I can play on my dvd player?

Nero 5.5 mate, from the wizard :-

New -> VCD -> Drag & Drop you MPG file -> Create -> Go watch your new VCD / SVCD

as easy as that m8.

172 Cup

Just noticed i put this in the wrong section, doh.

Ive got nero but never tried it. See what happens!

Get the latest version mate. You might be able to "download" it from somewhere. Its just there was a version (cant remember which) that didnt write VCDs properly. You had to copy certain files from actual VCDs that werent being put in by Nero, and thus it didnt work properly on a lot of DVD players...I say didnt work properly, it didnt work.

Paul

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by DTWD on 14 March 2003

Get the latest version mate. You might be able to "download" it from somewhere. Its just there was a version (cant remember which) that didnt write VCDs properly. You had to copy certain files from actual VCDs that werent being put in by Nero, and thus it didnt work properly on a lot of DVD players...I say didnt work properly, it didnt work.

Paul

I dont think there was ever a problem burning VCDs, its was burning DVDs that it had the problem of not being fully compatible to the ISO standards, therefor some dvd players were rejecting the disks.

I know this because I do a lot of dvd authoring and burning.

i just bought nero the latest version. waiting for it to be delivered

the demo version worked a treat and i can now free up space on my harddrive but i found it enconded really slow. will the proper version be faster encoding or will it still be slow

wongy

If anyone uses a lot of disks and wants some DVD-r or CD-r PM me, i work for a company called Nugen.net, we manafacture CDR and DVDR. Ill see if i can sort out a cliosprot discount too! Best quality stuff too! ;)

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by DTWD on 15 March 2003

There was definatly a problem. I know cos it happend to me. We are talking version 3 I think.

Paul

ahh.. i was talking 5.8.1 i think it was.