ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mpg

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
33-34 is normal for a week. i have had 11.2 before though!

Monaco 172
down a hill in 5th gear with no accelerator. or keep resetting the trip and driving at constant speed

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
29-34 round town, easy usage.
21-26 round town, hard usage.
39-43 dual carriageway/motorway easy usage.
25-33 dual carriageway/motorway hard usage.

Mito Sportiva 135
32-33...not great but not too bad!

Rich make sure the bad boy goes to a good home...if I ever get a 182 thats the one I want!

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
how do we get the best MPG? or am i not going to get much more than 33.5?
I got 45mpg on a 200 mile run in my old 172. mostly motorway and duel carageway. Didnt rev above 3,000 and max of 60mph due to traffic

I do this every time I go on a long haul. As I will be doing tomorrow when I visit Glastonbury and various other places in Somerset of the next few days.

Cost me £49.50 to fill the 182's tank and I'll be getting every mile I can from it. I reckon I'll get 325 miles at the very most driving under 3000 revs.:boring:

Clio Trophy #123
About 30mpg with my Trophy.

Just got a Yozza fitted so keeping it longer in the gears so I can hear it. :rasp:

PH2 172
In disgust at paying 110.9p a litre this morning, I managed 48.5 on my 30mile trip into work :p

Normally hovers about ~38 however

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
how do we get the best MPG? or am i not going to get much more than 33.5?

Take everything out the boot that doesnt need to be there, do your tyre pressures every week. Dont drive at speed with with the window down this just creates drag. At about 60mph it loses like 5% of the fuel consumption apparently!

Im getting 29mpg at the moment, but that was me proving the arsehole in the Vauxhall Dis-Astra that it really is as slow as he thought lol