ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mpg

Quote: Originally posted by oneeighttwo on 07 September 2005

Ive NEVER NEVER NEVER seen above 40, honestly maybe there is something wrong with mine because I dont even get 250 miles out of a full tank. I do boot it but not all the time. I dont red line it all the time. I do do only short town drives mainly so maybe this is right. But I didnt even get 40MPG filling up and driving straight onto the Motoway .
when you say full tank are you actually getting down to when the red light comes on? even when i ragged the nuts off of mine i still got 300 to a full tank.

I dont know how some of you claim to never be able to see under 30mpg Ive got less out of my diesel (abeitly on the track) even on the road Ive seen 36mpg.

Even running round on a long run I get 55mpg if Im careful 60mpg.

Clio 182

Quote: Originally posted by Jim172CUP on 07 September 2005

Ive NEVER NEVER NEVER seen above 40, honestly maybe there is something wrong with mine because I dont even get 250 miles out of a full tank. I do boot it but not all the time. I dont red line it all the time. I do do only short town drives mainly so maybe this is right. But I didnt even get 40MPG filling up and driving straight onto the Motoway .
when you say full tank are you actually getting down to when the red light comes on? even when i ragged the nuts off of mine i still got 300 to a full tank.
Yep right to the top, and down to the red light and some more. Ive also only ever used optimax from day 1 too. ill see 370 miles to the tank with some very carefull motorway driving. But I didnt buy the car for its mpg anyway so I expected higher fuel costs. Maybe my driving style. Ive never got any good mpg out of any cars ive owned compared to other people with the same car!!

artic blue 182

if you only do short town runs then it will be down.....i do a 9 mile round trip to work in town traffic stop/start all the time and get 26mpg and rarely 250 miles from a tank so nothing wrong imo

Clio 182 / Lotus Elise S1

I do about 80-90 miles a day (75 of that is a daily commute) - 50% motorway and 50% b-roads, use Optimax mostly and I do rag it most of the time. I still get 29-32mpg according to the computer. :D

1.6 16v clio priv

I have a 1.6 16v.

Driving to work which is a 9 mile round trip I average about 43 mpg. Goes down to about 36 if Its been reset and I have a fun week.

Driving down the motorway I got 52.5mph at 80 - 90 mph all the way.

According to the book clios start to loose their economy above 3000 rpm so try staying below that and try not opening the throttle above about 20%.

Used to get 36 mpg driving to work but since doing the above I can even get it up to 47/48 if im really casrefull. On a full tank Ive seen a range of 700 miles before :) (will admit i did a bit of coasting and had reset it a few miles before)

Quote: Originally posted by bigmonmulgrew on 08 September 2005
I have a 1.6 16v.Driving to work which is a 9 mile round trip I average about 43 mpg. Goes down to about 36 if Its been reset and I have a fun week.Driving down the motorway I got 52.5mph at 80 - 90 mph all the way.According to the book clios start to loose their economy above 3000 rpm so try staying below that and try not opening the throttle above about 20%.Used to get 36 mpg driving to work but since doing the above I can even get it up to 47/48 if im really casrefull. On a full tank Ive seen a range of 700 miles before :) (will admit i did a bit of coasting and had reset it a few miles before)

i dont want to doubt you but your carefull driving figure of 48mpg is only just over 500 miles a tank... wheres the other 200miles comes from.. its works out at about 66mpg which you wont get from a petrol clio.

MK2 Audi TT - 2.0T dsg.

my first 700 miles I was getting 17-20 MPG now I get 35 on AVG but of course this comes down when I boot it. for the performance though it is good! 70MPH 5th gear gets me about 45MPG

S

Scott182

70MPH on a three hour motorway run= 38.6mpg..never seen above that..

since fitting my strut braces and itg induction kit ive been getting a rubbish 27 mpg! usually get around 33-38 depending if i drive like a woman.

just to avoid confusion, i ment an old person. women drive badly and slowly but then so do oaps. either not driving like a man.

19-22mpg; Leave it running idle first thing in the morning for 5 mins, drive it like Miss Daisy for the next 5, then thrash the living sh*t out of it for the rest of the day

i averaged 31mpg over 18k miles in my 1.2 16v :eek:

yes, it was abused, and never had to see the dealers once :eek:

out of curiousity, what should it be in a 182 at about 70mph?

(i.e. resetting trip computer and just driving down motorway at 70 for ages)

think mine shows about 35, but i thought it should be 40ish?

SLK 350

Right guys, as loosely quoted from the manual. The computer read-out will become more accurate the longer you leave it between resets, likely to make a more reliable average.

Also note that the computer still calculates your MPG if you sat stationary at traffic lights/motorway queues/idling which if you only reset your computer 10 miles ago is going to have a severe affect on the accuracy of the read-out.

As a rule i wouldnt take anything less than 300~ mile per reading as being trully accurate as an average.

Had a long slow drive to Cambridge the other day - got 40.3MPG at a constant 60-65mph (the distance is about 90 miles).

I think the real MPG is higher as my counter was going up 0.1MPG for every 15 miles or so on the drive home. (and yes, it was VERY difficult driving this car in restrained mode).