ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mrk1 valver more power!!!

What r the best mods to do to a valver to increase performance. money is a big part of what i can do though so the cheaper the better. so far my clio is chipped, has a stainless exhaust, an air filter and im getting a decat for it too.

is it possible to put parts from a willaims engine on such as cams manifold etc.
if so which parts should i be looking at and what sort of price shud i b looking at paying

thanks in advance for any info
liam

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
worst answer ever lol

"the cheaper the better"

dont spend money tuning the 1.8, a standard 2.0 engine in your mk1 will be quicker than a 172 in most cases ;) and to buy one and fit it will probably work out cheaper than spending money tuning the 1.8!

Massey6465 & saxo1.1
Take the rear seats/shelf/spare wheel and carrier out.-if you want a bit more speed for no cash.
Its not cheap but the 2.0 williams/megane engine swop is probably better value then spending loads on the 1.8,but de-cat+ system on your car will see a nice gain.
(Edit-just realised thats mostly what Adam said lol)

right how much am i looking at for a 2ltr bottom end??

in two minds at the moment weather to buy things and get them fitted straight away or to get hold of another engine and tune that then put that in.

like i say money is a bit tight at the mo so im just looking into how much its gonna cost before i start and then will decide weather to sell my gfs car to get some more money lol.

Tucks said:
Take the rear seats/shelf/spare wheel and carrier out.-if you want a bit more speed for no cash.

good idea but i need the back seats as i use the car for work at the moment but if i get another car for work and let my gf have this one then that could be an option

For a 2ltr BE it depends...they range from 250 right up to 500 depending on whether you get a williams or megane one. Fitting will probably be the same again.

As for tuning the 1.8 its all or nothing really...to get anything noticable you need to do cams/headwork all in one go which will cost about the same as doing the 2ltr BE...which is the better, more usable option in reality. However if you can find one cheap enough, you could put a complete williams head and cams on it...thats near enough the same as a 1.8 with headwork...doubt you'll have much luck TBH...