ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MSV Media Launch: Brands Hatch

Oil Burner
Monday was the MSV Media Launch, basically J Palmer blowing smoke up himself and a glorified photo shoot.

The main reason i was there was for the new BTCC Ford Focus.

Heres a breakdown of the day on my blog, http://dunganick.wordpress.com/

All of my photos in my Gallery, http://dunganick.smugmug.com/gallery/7495336_SdExR#P-1-20

But heres a handfull to wet your appetite.

484342873_psq3b-L.jpg

484346175_Lfjkj-L.jpg

484350381_TPpWR-L.jpg

Andy Priaulx taking a photographer for a demo lap, brown trouser style.

484542326_Aqv7Q-L.jpg

484551142_yYiNW-L.jpg

484554111_wL6fV-L.jpg

484558698_taAPp-L.jpg

484545209_GdqNm-L.jpg

And one very badly lit and then badly adjusted photo of Tom and his car, really nice approachable guy, as is Rob Collard, even when flash was taking 10 secs to recharge :eek:

483906863_zbnUu-L.jpg

483909513_XSZub-L.jpg

I hope these interest some people.

Be Kind, its been about 3 months since i shot any motorsport :dapprove:

Nick

Ian

Focus TDCi
How could we not be kind, they're top notch. :) Will have a look through your blog tomorrow.

I'm probably incredibly slow on the uptake here, but are Ford entering as a manufacturers team this year then? *Runs off to Google*

No, self funded by Arena Motorsport via Chilton's old man who just recently happened to sell his insurance business to little known company by the name of Aon...

Fair play!

Good stuff, looks like a nightmare day from a photography point of view!

What was that gorgeous Lotus Cortina doing there, btw? I guess it was representing some championship. Any pics?

Oil Burner
No, no pictures of any of the older stuff im affraid, i wouldnt know a classic if it hit me in the face :eek:
However i do know they were representing 'Master historic Festival'

The lighting on the day was awful, because they want the Brands sign and buildings in the background they have to be shot from this position, when the sun is almost coming from exactly the wrong angle, there was short periods of Blue Sky, but they didnt last for long.

It was nice to have a day out and about though, cant wait for the truck meeting in a few weeks time!

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Amazing shots dude, I love the sixth one down, different compostion to the kind of motorsport shots people are used to seeing, and it works really well:)

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
Like the sideways M3! Light looks rather tricky and i guess the contrast a bit too strong as a result on a couple.

Oil Burner
Yeh, lighting is all over the place, im just trying to sort the focus shot (6th down)

But the whites are just a little bit too blown to recover i think.

This is about as good as i can get it (colour cast is slightly too yellow)

Damn drivers using their headlights.

484983769_fE3wA-L.jpg

Amazing shots dude, I love the sixth one down, different compostion to the kind of motorsport shots people are used to seeing, and it works really well:)

That be the benefit of a press pass, without £5k worth of long (600mm!) fast glass, there are very very few places where the public could get low head-on shots at any circuit in the UK (for obvious reasons).