ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mud flaps or not

RS Clio 182

Any opinions on fitted mud flaps for my 52 plate 1.2 16v? I have the full renault bodykit and painted bumpers so can only put the back ones on and they aint painted so dont know if they look daft? Opinions please!

ex Clio 172 owner :(

hate mud flaps with a passion. theres a white micra going round with these like flexible red ones that swing back as he accelerates, looks ridiculous. useful i suppose i the winter but wouldnt have them on in summer.

Megane 225

Kennedy Id like to see your car as Ive never seen the Reno kit before.

I have the mudflaps on my Dynamique, they look fine and subtle and they do help in preventing dirt on the car, but it depends on what the body kit looks like really!

I was thinking about it (to protect my sideskirts).

Seen some pics - wasnt impressed.

I hated Mud Flaps to start with.. never liked them but thought I might put some on if they looked "ok".

Dont like them myself, still.

Ive got them on mine helps reduce all the stones and dirt getting thrown against the side of the car.

I think there quite good and should stand out with a body kit

There not a very good design though as mud collects in the rear one terrribly.

Dont do it!

It starts with the mud flaps and before you know it youll have a beaded seat cover and driving gloves :sick:

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

LOL

the renault ones aint that big,

i got em on my dynamique, and it stops big sh*t flying up the side of the car from the wheels, im always about in the rain on the motorway.

The spray outta these clios is ammense in the rain, and it has reduced a lot after puttign them on.

Dont look brilliant, but i use em more for its practical use, not styling, may remove them once car is lowered tho.

Yer get us pics of that renault body kit!!

Megane 225

Daz the Mk1 flaps were the beefy buggers werent they? Mk2 ones are much smaller and fall in line with the body shape.

Body kit pics!!! :)

Has, yours look nice tho.. mainly because a) I didnt notice them b) they are stopping crap flying up!

The ones for the Mk1s stick out like the front bumper, haha.

Megane 225

I think theyll probably be 50 quid from Reno. Up to you if its worth it, but its pricey! I got them thrown in when I bought the car. They fit with one screw I think, but Id have to check.

Mazda MX5 1.8

well i dont want the back ones....... just the front ones to protect the sides and help try and keep it clean

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Look ok on a Evo or even an Impreza, if in keeping with rally sl*g styling you can get away with it. Not on a standard or kitted car though imo.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

front ones use existing wheel arch push in clips, u get given new ones as u remove the old ones and they snap!

and 1 screw.

The rear ones, are held by 2 metal clips, and 1 pop in clip which also snaps ;)

hence u get new ones in the box.

im not sure how much they were, but i got em cheap.

Has

RS Clio 182

clio__chris, ill sell u my front ones that are brand new. They are no use to me as they dont fit with the bodykit. Think they are about £30ish from Renault.

Will post pics up soon on bodykit!