ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mud Flaps

cock mobile.

Post up pics of your clio with mud flaps, this weather is just getting on my nerves, figure some mud flaps might work to keep some of the crap off my car.

Also let me know where you got them from, which ones and what size?

Im after something quite subtle I reckon, not too rally sl*g.

Cheers.

clio 182 black /gold

Quote: Originally posted by Darren S on 22 August 2005

Id like to get a small set to fit the 182..... I dont hold out much hope though...

D.

I bought some renault at wigan, and they did not fit so i took them back and they said they don,t do them for the 182 because the arches are wider.

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent

Quote: Originally posted by Leeshez on 22 August 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Darren S on 22 August 2005

Id like to get a small set to fit the 182..... I dont hold out much hope though...

D.

I bought some renault at wigan, and they did not fit so i took them back and they said they don,t do them for the 182 because the arches are wider.
i fitted front and rears flaps from renault, just need to cut them about a bit, they do fit and with patience and time they look good on the front, ok on the rear

cock mobile.

Yer I think they work so well due to the white turnis.

Which I am a fan off, but I dont think the mud flaps would work the same on normal colour turnis.

Banana

Yes they are just the normal Sparco mudflaps. Cost about a tenner. But the secret to making them look ok is to trim off plenty and dont let them hang down too far. Both my fronts and backs were made from one set! (and dont stick the chavvy sparco stickers on them)

cock mobile.

Quote: Originally posted by Bryan on 25 August 2005
pah, dirt protects the paintwork, leave it as is ;)

Lol, until someone comes along and decides to rub there hands all over it when its caked in mud!!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

Quote: Originally posted by Rufstuf on 23 August 2005

Yes they are just the normal Sparco mudflaps. Cost about a tenner. But the secret to making them look ok is to trim off plenty and dont let them hang down too far. Both my fronts and backs were made from one set! (and dont stick the chavvy sparco stickers on them)
I bet they dont do em in black - Sparco Blue would look sheeeeeiit on a black gold car. Were the set you got a "one-size fits all" that you trimmed to fit the Clio? How did you mount the flaps onto the bodywork - via scrws & bolts or clips?

D.

You need mud flaps on the front when rallying to protect the side of the car from getting blasted and stripped off with sharp edged stones.. but why the feck do u need them on the back?

BTW... the flaps on Rufs look great! Well trimmed there (cant beat well trimmed flaps!)

V70 d5 beast

weve had a 172 cup come into our garage recently and he had metal silver ones on his blue cup it did look really good,

just wondering is it easy to make some mud flaps out of a sheet of aluminium?

Banana

Quote: Originally posted by Darren S on 25 August 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Rufstuf on 23 August 2005

I bet they dont do em in black - Sparco Blue would look sheeeeeiit on a black gold car. Were the set you got a "one-size fits all" that you trimmed to fit the Clio? How did you mount the flaps onto the bodywork - via scrws & bolts or clips?

D.
I think they only do them in blue, white or red. They are a one size fit all. They are massive and you just trim them to fit the contours of your arches. I personally used the original screws that hold on the arch liners, except in the front where I had to use one self-tapper on each side.

Abarth 500

Quote: Originally posted by Simf40 on 26 August 2005

weve had a 172 cup come into our garage recently and he had metal silver ones on his blue cup it did look really good,

just wondering is it easy to make some mud flaps out of a sheet of aluminium?
Theres a guy on here with metal flaps on his cup - Pep someone or other from Tetbury I believe.

Definately the best flaps Ive seen ;)