ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Multi Light Failure....

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
For some reason my NS head light, NS rear light, OS side light and interior dial lights have all decided to pack up.

I'm pretty sure it's not the bulbs at fault and will check the fuses in the daylight tomorrow.

The other strange thing that happened today was the temperature gauge went from -2c to 36c and then back to -2. Could that be linked? I'm hoping i'm not looking at a more serious electrical fault.

Any one else had this sort of thing?

172 cup- suzu rf600r
lights sounds like a fuse to me, my temp gauge has done similar and is now stuck around 59C, i thought it had maybe been knocked against the radiator but iv just read on here that its in the passenger mirror, so im assuming it needs replaced but im gonna have a butchers first, maybe its covered in ice or something (wishful)

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
I'll have a look at the fuses, but how many do you think would need to blow to result in all those lights not working?

172 cup- suzu rf600r
at a guess it could just be a couple of fuses, i dont know how the wiring on a clio goes but on some cars its a fuse for 2 sidelights, and they can be crossed as in front passenger rear drivers, and then maybe one for the dash, and posssibly just a bulb for the headlight, but its all guess work.

take you 5 mins to check though! let me know for learnings sake mate

Rowan - Mortgage Expert

ClioSport Trader
  Audi SQ5
Funny, my N/S light cluster has stopped working, indicators fine, but no lights until I put full beams on, when the really dim side light comes on...???
O/S is all fine, after having a bulb replaced in main light last week.

So, my question, relating to this guys thread is...have I got a fuse blown or just a main light bulb gone and the other one doesn't need to come on/comes on wrong anyway??

172 cup- suzu rf600r
im not sure rowan, im struggling with your descript of which bulb is which tbh lol,

if its just one bulb not working then replace it as a starting point as its cheap and easy, after that (or before if you prefer, either way) check the fuses, its easy done

Rowan - Mortgage Expert

ClioSport Trader
  Audi SQ5
im not sure rowan, im struggling with your descript of which bulb is which tbh lol,

if its just one bulb not working then replace it as a starting point as its cheap and easy, after that (or before if you prefer, either way) check the fuses, its easy done

Yea sorry, trying to describe which bulb it is when I'm falling asleep was never gunna work!
But anyway, I'll replace it first and go from there...

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
One fuse had blown, for a sidelight. But it must also have something to do with the rear light on the same side and the clocks. It all works fine now, I just need to replace a headlight bulb.

172 cup- suzu rf600r
its in with the rest, i think its 2 for the sidelights? one does 2 + numberplate or something, id just pull them out one by one and check them all, make sure you have radio code obv lol

"Navy" N17 TWO
no need - have an Alpine fitted and it doesn't mind when you do that lol :)

Will go over them in the morning
One of mine blew then the other one blew when I went to sort them out - now cant get either of them on :p