ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mum drove car :-(

i have lost my license so my mum was driving my car yesterday. she took the piss out of it for the entire journey. My tints are too dark, my suspension is too stiff, my car has no power, its gearbox is crap. She could not understand what a two stage throttle is. She tought her foot was on the floor whn infact she hadnt even reached the second stage of throttle! She is a little lady and she struggled to get out of the sports seats. To top it off we pulled up at the lights with an Evo 4(?) and she couldnt understand why they were all starring at the car and they couldnt understand why an old dear was driving a young lads car!! gave my mate the keys later on so he could give my car its daily puinishing!

I know what u mean mate.. I let my GF drive my car.. the thing is though she wouldnt admit she liked it and was complaining about the clutch being weird on a172... and how it was to bumpy for her....

The thing is though she changes gears way to early and when I asked her to cain it ..she drives it to about 60 in about 2minutes (you know the sort)

I aint even learnt to drive my car yet!! lol

My old man has been driving it while i been at uni. He thinks its very fast but i bet he aint even gone over 50 in it. He drives like a granny.

My bird also borrowed it for a week and said it aint as fast as she thought it would be and that she couldnt get it to go as fast as i can. What a dump b**ch

Quote: Originally posted by papa? on 24 March 2003

Uh - can u explain to me what a two stage throttle is? :confused:
If you press down the accelerator in a 16v/Willy without the engine on, you can feel that it meets resistance half way through the travel of the pedal towards the floor. Its at this point in a Valver/Willy that you hear the really loud induction whistle if you have an induction kit fitted (which sounds like forced induction and Ive never heard on another car!). After that, the pedal travels without resistance again and the throttle opens fully for that massive induction howl.

7.6cc :D

Quote: Originally posted by klmillard on 24 March 2003

My bird also borrowed it for a week and said it aint as fast as she thought it would be and that she couldnt get it to go as fast as i can. What a dump b**ch
Firstly i presume you mean a dumb b**ch? and secondly....how rude!

Quote: Originally posted by Ben H on 24 March 2003

If you press down the accelerator in a 16v/Willy without the engine on, you can feel that it meets resistance half way through the travel of the pedal towards the floor. Its at this point in a Valver/Willy that you hear the really loud induction whistle if you have an induction kit fitted (which sounds like forced induction and Ive never heard on another car!). After that, the pedal travels without resistance again and the throttle opens fully for that massive induction howl.
Wow - wierd! Is it designed to function like a twin choke carb? If the throttle is opened to a particular level it alters the fueling or air mixture?

clio 20v

yeh its exactly like a twin choke carb if you take off the airbox thers a small throttle plate for the first stage and then a big huge one for full hrottle blasts

i let my g/f drive my valver once i had to hold her hand to stop her changing gear early, once shed learnt how 2 drive it properly i had a hard time getin her out of the thing hehe

adi