ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mx5 condensation inside car.

work for BMW
Hi guys sorry that's it not a clio but it Is a problem !

My mx5 with soft top hood is leaking water somehow, there is no obvious wafter dribbling in but every morning when I see the car its all steamed up with condensation. There are water ddroplets on the inside windows and on the soft top roof.

I need to check and unclog the drainage holes which I haven't checked yet, what else could it be ? Window seals? New roof ?!

IMG_20130915_132353.jpg

172/B8 Quattro
Easiest was is all new seals/rubber edges for roof or new one.
Check the rubbers on door window areas are all ok and follow the shape/pattern as you can buy these new separate, popular for replacing

work for BMW
Might just be condensation because there is water in the carpets ? I was driving today in the rain with no leaks

172/B8 Quattro
Might just be condensation because there is water in the carpets ? I was driving today in the rain with no leaks

Maybe, Amy rust underneath? Could be letting water in underneath.

I had a mohair on mine and absolutely no problems

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Behind the seatbelt towers.

The rain from the rof falls into the rain rail, then circles round into a tray behind the seatbelt towers and down through a hole. It's common that they get blocked.

work for BMW
Behind the seatbelt towers.

The rain from the rof falls into the rain rail, then circles round into a tray behind the seatbelt towers and down through a hole. It's common that they get blocked.

Spot on, cleaning them both out so hopefully that does that trick, thanks alot bru

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO
Mine did this when drainage holes were blocked

Mainly the ones in the sills and then slowly worked a stiff wire through from the roof and the ount of c**p I dug out and the amount of water that leaked oit of the sill was unreal

You can see the water coming out

20130525_195016_zps79e0cc93.jpg

The end result

20130525_200056_zps6ddeec5b.jpg