ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my 1.2 sport

clio 1.2 sport
clio.jpg

clio-1.jpg

only modification is lowering springs. lowered by 40mm.​

opinions?​

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
was curious as i never knew that?

so the clio sports like this
and renault sports are 172s etc

clio 1.2 sport
was curious as i never knew that?

so the clio sports like this
and renault sports are 172s etc

if im correct i think the sports are the ones that come with the lights like mine as standard, that arent an RS model. 172's are the RS'

RB 197 fatty
yeah peopl say to me quite alot, why is there a sport badge on the back of your 1.2.

well, it is a 1.2 sport! and it came with the badge on it!

Iv got the campus sport. the differences in this range are;

Campus - 1.2 8v 60bhp
Campus sport - 1.2 16v 75bhp

F all really, but thats how it is. sorry.

visualize whirled pe
Geeeez I remember going into a Renault dealership looking for a part and the guy asked my model, so I said 'RSi' he said 'Ok then, 1.8' i said 'no, it's a Y reg Mk2 Phase 1' and he looked confused. God knows what he'd make of 'ph-quick' and 'full fat' with you RS boys.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
yeah peopl say to me quite alot, why is there a sport badge on the back of your 1.2.

well, it is a 1.2 sport! and it came with the badge on it!

Iv got the campus sport. the differences in this range are;

Campus - 1.2 8v 60bhp
Campus sport - 1.2 16v 75bhp

F all really, but thats how it is. sorry.

Badge was stuck on then! Only the RS models came with Sport badges. The ph1's had Renault on the left hand side. But no sport.

looks tidy mate.

Tweaked Leon Cupra R
it looks like my 1.6 16v... it's the same as an rsi other than the half leather and different wheels...

When i bought it it was advertised as a sport but no-where on the registration docs says that it's a sport.

the only ph1's that got those lights (to my knowledge) were the 172/rsi/1.6 16v and the 1.2 mtv's

No rear headrests, is that normal....?

Der Panzer
Does it really matter what has sport badges and what doesn't? It's all about which cars move like crap off a highly polished shovel, those would be the 172-182s with the Cups being the fastest; obviously. :cool:

Clean looking car. Not my cup of tea, but hope it does a job for you.

visualize whirled pe
it looks like my 1.6 16v... it's the same as an rsi other than the half leather and different wheels...

My RSi has a light weight alloy bonnet and I'm pretty sure the boot is alloy two, this is apparently a feature shared by a few Ph1 172's/ 1.6 16v's.
The steering wheel is also leather on the RSi.
The Mk2 RSi is alot rarer than the 1.6 16v, it's worth checking your bonnet as you never know it may be made from alloy.

Tweaked Leon Cupra R

My RSi has a light weight alloy bonnet and I'm pretty sure the boot is alloy two, this is apparently a feature shared by a few Ph1 172's/ 1.6 16v's.
The steering wheel is also leather on the RSi.
The Mk2 RSi is alot rarer than the 1.6 16v, it's worth checking your bonnet as you never know it may be made from alloy.

i have a leather steering wheel too.. not sure about the alloy parts, bonnet was replaced a year ago along with one of the plastic wings.