ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my 1.4 rt....honest...

sorry but what is the idea with sticking the intercoolers so far out like that ?? :confused: IMO looks awful and rallycars etc seem to get a fair amount of cool air into theirs without having them poking out. Fair enough fit one but personally id have it out of sight and behind some black mesh rather than poking out.

Quote: Originally posted by donsrno1 on 28 June 2005

Is it a GTT?

Did you do the conversion yourself?
yea it has a gtt engine in it.a tuner put the engine in and did the wiring and i did the rest.like moving the battery and all the pipe work.still needs setting up properly as its not working to it s full potential at the mo.i think it looks better with the intercooler as it is with it poking out the bumper.plus it was the only way it was gunna fit on.il get some more recent pictures...

[Edited by jarvis *RT* on 28 June 2005 at 3:01pm]

Clart

ClioSport Club Member

You been copying alice? looks mean, but im with loony. hiding the intercooler gives a far more stealth look.

il gunna take some more pics 2day or 2moro.i havnt got an vids but i should be able to sort one or 2 out.like i sed even if i wanted to hise the intercooler i cudnt becuase it only fits on how its on the car now.its not gunna fit perfectly anyway cus its for cossie!

S2000

What sort of monty are you talking about to get a GTT conversion done?

I wont be doing it for another year or two (if at all) but was just wondering what the rough figure would be if you did some work yourself (as above) but not all of it?

to be honest if i were gunna do the conversion id take it to tortion tuning up in essex, jon does the conversion for £500 (that is if you supply him with a doner car) and he does a direct swop out the r5, into the clio. its defo worth it and hes done loads of the conversions.i idnt have myn done there as i didnt kno about that place when i had myn fitted but iv heard his work is spot on.

well the probably cud the way my car is running at the moment!!haha but its going to msmotorsport next week to be sorted out and running sweet.can only have it set to 15psi until i get a bigger turbo.at the moment tho the car is bearly running standard boost as there is a serious fueling problem.wot bhp is your malice?

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

135bhp 156ftlb torque at 7psi... now running 11psi or 15psi at the twist of a hidden knob ;)

[Edited by MaLicE on 6/28/2005 6:33:24 PM]

see my recomendation all that time ago of ms motorsport was worth it ;)

only thing that scares me with mike... u can go in wanting a small job done.. and walk out with ideas of going back wanting a vnt and lots of other toys lol...

well hes just moved his company up to the midlands and his compnay is about a 20 min drive away so im in luck.i kno hes good with r5s aswell.have you seen any of his work?also wot exhaust have you got?

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

i saw his r5 do a 12.1 sec 1/4 mile lol and he built that himself... trust me he knows his sh*t lol

i got a custom exhaust if u can call it an exhaust lol... its 2 3/4" straight through... no cat no silencers no back box just a 4" tip on the end... its noisey apparantly

Pug 306 GTi-6

Quote: Originally posted by MaLicE on 28 June 2005

i saw his r5 do a 12.1 sec 1/4 mile lol and he built that himself... trust me he knows his sh*t lol

i got a custom exhaust if u can call it an exhaust lol... its 2 3/4" straight through... no cat no silencers no back box just a 4" tip on the end... its noisey apparantly
and its full of coke now too :p.
(See donna vs malice pics)

K20 EG Hatch

looks wicked, i am thinking of buying a f**ked mk1 and rebuilding it with a 5 engine when my car is finnished being paid for (bout 4 months). So expect a loada questions from me in the near future!

V6

looks mint i swear ive seen ur car at milton kyness cruise on sundays does it have r5 archs on ur mk1 clio

Quote: Originally posted by Clio R on 29 June 2005

looks mint i swear ive seen ur car at milton kyness cruise on sundays does it have r5 archs on ur mk1 clio <SCRIPT language=javascript>
yeai have got r5 arches.i go up milton keynes most sundays.i havnt plumbed in the front mount yet im just waiting on the pipe work for it as they were out of stock.there ent no stone chips yet so it shud be ok.