ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 106 Gti

320d
For those of you that remember my much photographed valver I sold it before the turn of the year and purchased this 02 plate 106 in moonstone to replace it

Current spec:

-Bilstein shocks
-Eibach springs
-Stainless four branch fanimold
-BMC
-Quick shift
-Debadged front and rear
-Colour coded
-Crystal rear clusters
-VTS rims powdercoated
-195/45 Exaltos all round

Future mods:

-Get wheels double coated a couple of shades darker
-Booked in for a new hand made 2 1/4 inch bore exhaust system with stealth tailpipe
-Silver visions at the front
-Gti 6 or Gti 180 front brakes (possibly 307 hdi set up once i've researched it more)

Opinions welcome...

CIMG0131.jpg

CIMG0130.jpg

CIMG0129.jpg

CIMG0127.jpg

CIMG0125.jpg

CIMG0124.jpg

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
the nicest 106 gti i've EVER seen.

stunning!

i expect nothing less from you though Rich. :approve:

think i might get a 106 gti as a daily driver at the end of the year. lots of car for the money. and i miss 106 ownership!

340i
Looks uber mint mate!

Ive been tempted to buy one of these a couple of times... they grow on me more everytime i see them!

MK4 Anni & MK5 Edt30
My mates got one, nippy little fooks! Not too keen on there dash though, very dated. Anyone think the same?

320d
^ the early ones especially... the later ones have white dials and silver dash details which freshen things up a bit

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Lovely car mate,but i agree you need to make the wheels darker.They look like primer at the moment(just MHO)other than that a lovely motor

ian

320d
Yeh totally agree about the primer look, thats why i'm getting them double coated plus they'll only get lighter over time due to UV light bleaching them

320d
Probs FCS yep

Its not as special as the valver but it only cost me £1000 outlay and its 7 years newer than the valver and has nearly 100,000 less miles on the clock

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
does any1 else think it would look mint if the wheels were sprayed the same colour as the car??? or is this not possible???

p.s. this car seriously tempts me to get rid of the hybrid and buy a gti! :)

Elise,Pum,WRX,MCS,R6
when i first heard what colour it was, i thought crap colour as i hate imo...but once seeing those pictures i was like fook me, that looks tastey, looks great, i wouldnt touch cosmetic wise.

C250 AMG & 172 Cup
Absolutley Stunning mate, I still have a soft spot for my 106gti's!

Good choice on the wheels, the VTS rim's do look very well on the GTI's!
The VTS wheel on the GTI's seems to be a very popular choice where i live. Good choice of colour, that or yellow is the best for me.

DSCF0063.jpg

Seat Leon Cupra 290
go for the hdi or 206 gti calipers, i think they are both the same and the gti6 and gti 180 you would have to get uprated master cylinder

car looks good, nice shade of grey wheels

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
2" pugsport is the only way to go.

The wheels look too like primer gray for me lol

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
wheels are too light, and i'm not sure about the de badging. looks nice though

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I was about to say the VTS alloys look awful, but they do look good on the sunflower one above.

An old friend of mine had the gti6 brake set-up he said it was brilliant value for money upgrade.

I neally bought a sunflower yellow 106gti just before i got the williams, a 99 plate with 40k on the clocks still wonder if i would have loved it as much as the williams, very nice cars.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
Ah the memories of my old valver...

IMG_2211Large.jpg

That looks ace, the 106 is very nice also. I went to have a look at a couple of these but the interior was a bit boring for me :( Shame because the outsides are very nice.