ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My attempts at product photography

I've always wanted to have a go at this, but having a decent place to do it is a must. I tried to set up a pikey studio in my room, but it wasn't practical at all.

Luckily, when the company where I worked moved to a new building, there was a studio. I persuaded them to keep it (they wanted to tear it down!) and I started to do the product photography for the company.

I might post some of that here, but I'll have to decide if I can get in trouble or not first! I mainly just go in there after work or in lunch to mess about.

I really like Apple's product photography. Clean and simple.

So this evening I had a go on my MBP :)

IMG_0674.jpg

IMG_0694.jpg

I'm very happy with the first pic. The lighting for the second photo was much harder, it looks a little bit flat, so I may have another go sometime.

Here's a few behind the scenes ;)

(note the photos from Apple's site for inspiration!)
DSC0329.jpg

DSC0330.jpg

DSC0332.jpg

Only those two photos for now, I took another two, but they will take a lot more editing!

Good work mate.

I've got the blog of the guy who does Apples product photography saved at work. I'll add it when I'm back.

Oil Burner
Nice shots Dan. Any idea who makes that table?

And good shout on the blog Revels, That guys job is pretty sweet, but i think would drive me mental. Product shots are seriously challenging.

vtr, 172, s1 rallye
Good market to be in is product stuff.

The screen looks too fake for me, but then theres no way around it with lighting really.

Suzuki Ignis
Those have come out really well.

Nick, Falcon eyes and Manfrotto both make very similar tables. That one looks like the Manfrotto.

You really dont need to spend all that money on a fancy table though ;) Makes it a bit easy having it already set up but you'd be surprised how its done in a pro product studio.

How'd you put the background in? shoot it or warp a straight image in ps?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Immense shots Dan, Where is my high res super dooper no sig'd desktop picture that you were meant to send! :eek:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Could have been the valley shot from the competition!

I can't remember either!

RS Megane DCi 175
Really nice shots Dan.
I had a job similar to this - although not Mac's unfortunately - they assured me they had a booth set up on site. Turns out this booth was a 2 desk lamps and some bits of A3 white card.
That was a difficult shoot.
They were more than happy with the results though and it's something I'd love another bash at!