ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Black 1.6 Mk2 Ph2

Inferno 182
Hi everyone, had the car now for a few months and just started doing some work on it so thought i might as well start a thread.
Got a pay rise recently so will get alot more things done to the car soon.
Here are some idea's i have in mind :
-Colour coded bumpers
-182 headlights
-60mm springs
-Custom exhaust from Powerflow
-Alloys (not sure which one's yet)
-RS grill
-sound system (not cheap chavvy halfords s**t)
-Full interior re-done, suede dash/door cards etc.
-And anything else that anyone has in mind?

I'll start off with with showing you my 1st car which i got when i was 17 :)

20110701_002.jpg

20110701_003.jpg

20110701_005.jpg

20110701_008.jpg

Was a great little car at 1st, but then i realised it was a ford...and it started to break. So i sold it!

And bought my clio for £1950 :D always wanted one even before i got my fiesta, then finally got it a few months ago :D
This is what it looked like when i picked it up and brought it home :) :

20110705_002.jpg

20110705_003.jpg

As you can see the front grill is awfull!! But the rest of the car is lovely :) so glad i finally got one!

Few days after i got it i had to get rid of that grill but had trouble getting the original grill that was underneath off it, so i decided to spray the mesh black to make it a bit more descrete.
20110706_001.jpg

I noticed alot of people on here had done something to their front badge, so i decided to do something to mine, but didn't want to do what everyone else has dont and just spray the whole thing one colour so i got my small paint brush out and just painted it flourescent yellow around the edges and the front black.

20110719_001.jpg

Not sure if i'm that keen on it anymore tbh, so might put it back to normal or think of another idea.

I then decided to do something to my dash strips and my gear stick, but i absolutely hate it now! Wish i had never done it! It just looks tacky. But soon going to buy some carbon wrap and will cover them in that :) here's a pick of them atm.

20110801_002.jpg

20110801_004.jpg

Became a member and here is my window decal and my tax disc holder :)

20110829_004.jpg

Here's the car after a nice clean :)

20110909_001.jpg

I get bored easily so i thought i would spray this lol. I quite like it tbh :)
20110912_001.jpg

Right ive finally decided to sort this grill out, i dont have a clue what has happened to the original grill but it looked dicusting (even worse than the mesh!) So here is the progress of sorting this grill out :)

Mesh grill:
20110912_003.jpg

Original grill undeath mesh:
20110912_004.jpg

20110912_005.jpg

And now the newly sprayed grill:
20110915_002.jpg

20110915_003.jpg

And this is my project so far. Please post comments I am open to opinions, and there will be alot more to come!

Thanks. Jamie.

crashed clio
im liking the front badge :) get a sport grill on it, massivly changes the front. maybe some 172 alloys to tidy it up a bit?

Inferno 182
Just a little update, I've painted my badge arctic camo and the drivers side dash strip. Currently painting my passenger dash strip, gear stick insert, and my door bullets so will get them pics up soon.

But here's my badge and dash:

20110929_004.jpg

20110929_003.jpg

20110929_001.jpg

Inferno 182
I wanted something different, i get bored easy lol. But my door bullets are drying now and they look amazing!

Inferno 182
Quite like the badges both times, very creative. Maybe get some 182 alloys?

Cheers :) didn't want to go for one colour like alot of people have. And thats the same reason i dont want 182 alloys, because almost everyone has them. Going to save up and get some nice aftermaret one's :)

Jap Box
Like it :) cant believe you put that much detail into the painting, wish I was that patient lmao

Anything else on the agenda for the car yet then? :)

Inferno 182
Thanks for the comments :) doesn't take that long to do, only about 20 mins not including drying times

Inferno 182
Them little tins of paint you use for airfix model airplanes and a little brush. Basically just sand down whatever part you want to camo, give it a coat or two of primer, then draw your outline for the camo in pencil, then basically paint it in one colour at a time :). Then just cover it in laquer.