ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Black Fiesta ZS

LY 182
Hey guys,

I'm on here all the time lately. I've always had a soft spit for Clio Sport's, but sadly have been put off by insurance premiums. I'm nearly 23 with plenty of driving experience, just a bit of an unlucky driving history so far.

I do have a years NCB now though finally haha.. so I'm starting to save up for something now. Right now I'm loving the 182's, and I'm planning on either getting a Trophy or a LY 182 if I'm lucky enough to find one!

Anyway, for now I'm still in my ZS. Great car and pretty nippy, but I'm craving more speed and power! Anyway, here's a few quick pics after a bit of a detail session. Hopefully I'll be joining the 182 club sooner rather than later! :eek:

103707x470.jpg

113707x470.jpg

115707x470.jpg

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Cracking stepping stone car mate, I do love the gearbox and steering in the zs.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Drove my mates, apart from straight line speed I'd prefer the ZS over a 182

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Gearbox and seating position are so so much better. Steering felt the same.

Think I'm talking myself into a ST lol

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Would have to be tuned to keep you happy tho.

I was shocked at how good the gearbox felt.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Likewise I was shocked how bad the 182s was after lol

LY 182
They are great to drive, and when you've got a few turns and roundabouts you can give much faster cars a run for their money with some good / tactical driving. (Tactical being when you move out to the far lane before they have a chance and box them in, hehe).

For more power I could get a ST, but it wouldn't seem like much of an upgrade as it's just a bit more power, very similar car. Visually I much prefer the 182's too.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
An ST for me wouldn't be a big enough jump even with it being a 2.0.

But similar to the puma you need it to be twisty for it to work against bigger engined cars.

Fiesta ST-2
My old ZS is on 112k the gearbox is still awesome compared to the 182 and I hate using the bus wheel on the 182 after I've been using the little fez wheel. It makes me have to use two hands, I like having a free hand...

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Lols it's like a go-kart with the tiny steering wheel! I love it!

LY 182
Nice to see some people liking the car! It is a very good car. I just need some more power, and the sexyness of a 182.

120d M Sport
They're a great all rounder the MK6 - well built, great to drive, cheap to run. I've got the MK5 myself and love it. Not sure whether to go for a 182 next or an ST.

LY 182
My friends got a white ST and it is a great car. They almost seem a bit too serious to me, I think the 182 seems a bit more crazy and sporty! The ST's can be tuned / modded quite well though. A Mountune 185 ST would be pretty damn sweet! But then you're looking at way more than a 182 in terms of cost.

They're comfy as hell inside though, and I presume handling is just as fan as the ZS (probably better with a slightly lower ride height as standard).

LY 182
Disel Zetec S's?

A lot of people rave about them over at ZSOC. Remap and there supposed 2 be awesome. I wish I'd got one just for the hugely better MPG haha.

A3 Tdi
Another ZS owner, me too :) Looks in nice nick, what products did you use in the cleaning sesh?
What tyres are you running on yours?
Like the red dash :p

Here's mine

DSCN3997.jpg

DSC00027.jpg

120d M Sport
My friends got a white ST and it is a great car. They almost seem a bit too serious to me, I think the 182 seems a bit more crazy and sporty! The ST's can be tuned / modded quite well though. A Mountune 185 ST would be pretty damn sweet! But then you're looking at way more than a 182 in terms of cost.

They're comfy as hell inside though, and I presume handling is just as fan as the ZS (probably better with a slightly lower ride height as standard).

Some say the ZS is more smooth and composed at handling due to riding on 16's rather than 17s which let the ST down a bit.

LY 182
Is this a petrol version? what it like cruising speeds 70mph what revs etc?

looks nice

Yeah petrol. Ermm I barely do any motorway miles so not really cruising at 70 that much. Ermm 70 is probably around 4-4.5 k revs, feels nice and comfortable and still has a nice bit more push from there.

Another ZS owner, me too :) Looks in nice nick, what products did you use in the cleaning sesh?
What tyres are you running on yours?
Like the red dash :p

Check this thread out for the cleaning stuff, saves me typing again hehe!
http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=158794

Yeah red dash is a bit different, I like it! And I'm on Toyo T1R's.

Some say the ZS is more smooth and composed at handling due to riding on 16's rather than 17s which let the ST down a bit.

I've never driven the ST, though I remember when I went out in my mates and we went out in mine he did mention mine felt a smoother ride.

A3 Tdi
I find its about 3.5k at 70, will check on the way to work today.
Like the parking sensors :) were they factory fit?

LY 182
70 @ 4-4.5k...You sure? My MK5 is only just at 3k at 70 in 5th. Makes for good motorway cruising

Nope not really sure tbh. Perhaps I'm thinking wrong. I'll have to pay attention later when I'm going down the dual. :eek:

I find its about 3.5k at 70, will check on the way to work today.
Like the parking sensors :) were they factory fit?

Yeah they were. I barely use them. They go crazy when I'm not even close to what's behind me when I reverse haha.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
You love it x

Car looks well though Mr. Pants :)cool:), any plans for it or is it staying standard?

LY 182
Thanks Luke.

I've considered doing some stuff but I'm not sure any performance mods are too worthwhile. Especially to get any noticeable gains would likely set me back a fair whack. I figure it's better just to keep saving away for a 182.

All I've done is have it colour coded, which makes it look a lot better. I have been tempted to get some stuff but seems more logical just to get a car with a lot more power as standard lol.

I see you've got a Mk5. Looks tidy from what I can see of it in your pic!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Luke's is very tidy! The car ain't bad either!

Not sure how easy it is to get a hold of sideskirts off an ST mate but they go staright on to the car maybe ebay or some local scrappies!

De-tangoing the headlights can be done aswell!

Some eibach springs from ford and alloys re-furbed anthracite or black! :eek:

LY 182
Luke's is very tidy! The car ain't bad either!

Not sure how easy it is to get a hold of sideskirts off an ST mate but they go staright on to the car maybe ebay or some local scrappies!

De-tangoing the headlights can be done aswell!

Some eibach springs from ford and alloys re-furbed anthracite or black! :eek:

Haha you've just described exactly what I would do with it from a visual perspective. I may look into it, seeing as I could sell all those bits on in the future anyway without a huge price decline. The alloys need refurbing too, and yeah I'd probably go for anthracite. Damn, don't get me all excited! :eek:

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Lols I had plans for the one I was going to buy but it was way over priced!

£9995 2 years ago! I'm a ford nut really. Any problems give me a shout.

LY 182
Cool, shall bare that in mind. Need to get a bit more money saved away then may consider those mods. Don't wanna eat into my 182 fund too much though!

Skoda fabia Vrs
What's the deisel one like though?

a re-mapped deisel mk6 zetec-s with miltek exhaust isnt as quick as my standard twingo 133..
They pull very well and then just die at a certain speed lol

a standard diesel zetec is isnt as quick as my standard 1.4 sri corsa c was so the diesel's arnt that quick for 90bhp. corsa was 88bhp lol

this was up at crail btw

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
The zs is better to drive Warren, chassis, steering and gearbox have a better feeling than the 172/182.

Granted it'll never handle like one.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
gally said:
The zs is better to drive Warren, chassis, steering and gearbox have a better feeling than the 172/182.

Granted it'll never handle like one.
Sorry, I have to disagree. When you have the worlds motoring media praising the 182's as one of the greatest hot hatches of all time, and the st not even being mentioned as an also-ran, your talking out the wrong end. Granted, the zs is probably a slightly better drive than the st (99% because of the ride on 17's), but it doesn't compare overall.

It's a solid warm hatch. But it's not a car to compare with the 182, cooper s, ctr etc.