ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Black Fiesta ZS

LY 182

Cracking example that mate. Looks great.

Sorry, I have to disagree. When you have the worlds motoring media praising the 182's as one of the greatest hot hatches of all time, and the st not even being mentioned as an also-ran, your talking out the wrong end. Granted, the zs is probably a slightly better drive than the st (99% because of the ride on 17's), but it doesn't compare overall.

It's a solid warm hatch. But it's not a car to compare with the 182, cooper s, ctr etc.

I wouldn't disagree. Never been in a 182 though so can't make a great assessment myself. For me the ZS was just a 'stop gap' anyway. I wanted a 182 but couldn't justify insurance premiums. So I looked at the ZS. Good on insurance, nice looking, reliable, very nice interior. So for it's purpose it's great. Personally can't wait to get a 182 though!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
The Zs is very good, the only warm hatch that beats it is a Mini Cooper (imo).

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Hmmm do you see my point tho? The steering is better, the gearbox is better.

Possibly because it's a newer car but, it's pace in zs/st guise will always let it down.

You know how much the journos rave about ford chassis'

120d M Sport
I see what your saying - probably a 'nicer' car to drive day to day, i.e. not always having to be in the mood to enjoy driving it. But when you are the 172/182 would deliver far more I imagine.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It's actually quite a hard thing to exlplain, i'm not talking ride comfort i'm talking general steering feel and gear change, the ZS is better all imo of course.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
I really need to drive a 1*2, I have my heart set on one. Do they just feel like a 1.2 with a bigger engine or like a purpose made hot hatch?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I really need to drive a 1*2, I have my heart set on one. Do they just feel like a 1.2 with a bigger engine or like a purpose made hot hatch?
Have you ever steered a Yacht?