ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My blue 197

clio 197 sport
http://[URL=http://s863.photobucket.com/user/luposte/media/image_zpsqrgydysm.jpeg.html][ATTACH=full]1282714[/ATTACH]This is my first Renault, I love it, it's a 197 and it has the cup spoiler, the rs skirts and cornering lights, it's in reasonable condition, it has had all new disks and pads, H&R spacers, and an alpine stereo.

[IMG]http://i863.photobucket.com/albums/ab191/luposte/image_zpsqrgydysm.jpeg

I have fitted an rs front splitter, and a different adapter to make the stereo controls work. And removed the tacky stickers that were all over it. (Not shown in picture)

Oh and it has the loudest exhaust ever on it! I've had loud systems in the past and I love it, but I'm concerned about noise limits on track and whether it will make my ears bleed on long trips

It's not been the most reliable car in the 3 months I have owned it. It's got a misfire, it drinks fuel more than it should, due to suspected pop and bang map (booked in for a proper map) and now the traction control and abs are having issues (wheel bearings) I suspect the garage that' fitted the new breaks fitted them badly. And it's sheered some studs which is odd, but they will be replaced.

This is supposed to be a car I can use on the track and on the road, to save me having 2 cars, I currently have a pretty sorted civic ek4 vti track car, which is up for sale.

Future mods,

Re-trim steering wheel in black alcantara
Re colour dash panels, as they are poorly painted
Rs gear knob
Remove rear shelf (6x9 city) replace with standard
Change k&n filter for standard air box with k&n panel filter
If I can find them cheap enough I'd like some recaros or fit my bucket seats from my track car
K-tec harness bar
Spare wheels with rsr tyres
Some decent coilovers and top mounts( I have no idea what to get)

I love it despite its flaws and am determined to get it sorted and get to lots of track days in it and hopefully some road trips too.

Thanks

Attachments

• image_zpsqrgydysm.jpg
    image_zpsqrgydysm.jpg
    273.3 KB · Views: 22
  clio 197 sport
Car seems to run great now, I replaced the rear disks and abs pick up unit things and it seems to have solved the majority of the issues. it seems the garage that I bought it off fitted the new rear breaks badly and battered the wheel bearings to death. So I have just replaced 2 brand new disks :|

Next stop, fit my splitter and get to EFI for my re-map to get rid of this horrible flat spot.

I need to look at what suspension people are running, although the cup stuff seems pretty good!

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
abs pick up unit things
A+ for effort :grimacing:
Not surprising about the dealers, I picked up my 197 after buying and the dealers had fitted incorrect profile tyres front and rear, 45 on the front (correct) and 40 on the rear (wtf), they seem to do the minimum in order for you to be able to drive the car away.
Glad you got the brakes sorted - I have the cup suspension on mine although on Monday I'll be swapping for H&R 30/30 springs, there's those and also Eibachs are popular too, or the full coilovers route.

clio 197 sport
Thanks! I have been looking at springs, but i'm unsure if they have already been done as it seems to sit nicely already. Im happy with it for now, as the KW ones i like are serious money :(

I've just put some H&R springs on mine and it looks miles better. At the moment yours looks a little higher than mine, so maybe they're standard? But it has a nice stance as is. I'm actually thinking about getting some skirts and a front splitter like yours. Love the black/blue combo. :)

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Car seems to run great now, I replaced the rear disks and abs pick up unit things and it seems to have solved the majority of the issues. it seems the garage that I bought it off fitted the new rear breaks badly and battered the wheel bearings to death. So I have just replaced 2 brand new disks :|

Next stop, fit my splitter and get to EFI for my re-map to get rid of this horrible flat spot.

I need to look at what suspension people are running, although the cup stuff seems pretty good!

Mines going to efi on Monday, can't wait.

clio 197 sport
Harrow71 - Nice, I love the skirts and splitter, Ill be honest I prefer the other wing options, but the cup one is growing on me. Mine looks high where its parked, I really like the bits and bobs you have done on yours too to tidy it up, like the dash and stuff, I need to do that myself! I need to see what it says on my springs as it seems very stiff for a standard car, nearly as stiff as my track car!

Imprezaworks - You will have to let me know how you go on! I cant wait to get rid of this flat spot!

clio 197 sport
Been a while since I updated this, it's been an insane few months, Got the car running and driving just how I wanted, absolutely love the way it drives! I'm a true fan. But unfortunatly I now need a more practical car for work and it's just not fuel efficient enough unfortunatly. So it's going up for sale :(