ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Boot Wont Shut...

Mustang, S13, AX GT
I opened it up to put something in the back, the button clicked when it pushed in, and then it wouldn't shut again. I've taken the panel off and everything looks normal it just wont latch anymore :mad: Any ideas? Also how do I take the latch apart to see if its all good in there?

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
slamm the fooker,

or, lock the car and the unlock and try and close it, mine sometimes take the piss and wont close so i just slam it and lock-unlock till it does,

MK2 172 FF
is the latch in the locked position? if so you should be able to get to the motor to push it back to the unlocked position and then the force of you slamming it might lock it but then you may be stuck with a locked boot that you can't open. id cable tie it shut until you can get a replacment motor/button

Mustang, S13, AX GT
The catch can be moved by hand, but it wont switch from open to closed or locked. I think a new catch is gonna be the job but if I click the button the front doors lock/unlock where as the boot makes no noise so I cant tell if thats moving or not.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
it had bungee cords on whilst the catch was broke ;)

For the techies, I've replace the boot catch now so it will shut, but when I open it the button goes to the 'stop' for when you lock the boot, then pushes past it to open the catch and the plactic piece from the motor to the lever arm has clicked out of place.

The way I see it is, the central locking motor when the boot opens should pull the plastic in towards the motor so the lever is free to move forward/back and when it locks it should go into place so it cant move, meaning that at the moment its stuck kinda halfway between locked and unlocked (If that makes sense, if not I can get a picture..)

Can I release and repair the motor in anyway or is it done and I need a new central locking motor aswell now?