ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Boring Standard 182

dr54pvw

ClioSport Club Member
  2004 Clio 182 FF
Thought I’d share a couple of photos of my 182 that I’ve owned for 5 years, but only driven a handful of times.

I bought it from a friend of a friend in 2015 with the ABS lights on, but only got it sorted last year (SAS needed calibrating). Since then it’s had a new dephaser/timing belt, all 4 abs sensors replaced, a good standard exhaust fitted, new rear springs, headlamps refreshed, coolant/oil/brake fluid change, and a few other odds and sods. I’ve tried to keep it standard-ish without going overboard. There’s “only” 83k on the car, and the boring ones are getting harder to find.

Last week it went for a MOT, which it failed on the o/s rear brake pipe. I purchased a new rear pipe from Renault (£35) and this morning it passed its retest.

Being in the highlands we’re blessed with some great roads, so even going to the shop for groceries is an event! It really is a bit of a laugh. I would’ve killed for this car back in 2004 - back then I had a 998cc Mini, but if I wanted to complete a journey I’d use my mum’s M reg Clio 1.4RT (”yeh it’s a 1.4 m8”)

I’m hoping to use it over the summer, but being off the road for so long I’m sure other issues will appear.

It’s in part thanks to this forum that I got the car back on the road. Lots of helpful info and folk here, a great resource.

BD800E7C-9A7B-413D-9895-8322463D0DA6.jpeg

0D915BA6-5063-4AA1-89AB-D0267D342915.jpeg

dr54pvw

ClioSport Club Member
  2004 Clio 182 FF
Thanks for the comments. So far I’ve reversed into the wheelbarrow in it (zero damage thankfully , wheelbarrow worse for wear) and have been pulled over by the police (their system showed it as not MOT’d when it was, phew!)

Being back in a Clio my first impression is, there’s so much glass area. I‘m amazed at how low the windows are compared to the modern letterboxes, but the high seat and bus steering wheel position probably add to this. Handling is very impressive - it’s good on the bendy stuff.

Clio
I remember parking my brand new 2004 clio next to my mark 1 clio and it looked massive !

Now the 04 looks tiny next to my golf !

joe hk&uk

ClioSport Club Member
  182 cup
nothing wrong being standard s long s its healthy then you can get the fun out of it fully

ali-ham

ClioSport Club Member
  williams + 182's
Nice car, not boring at all! With scenery like that id just get out and enjoy it!