ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Car... (performance mods...)

255 V6 Black Gold
hi guys,

couple of things i am hoping for help on. so anyone with knowledge your input would be appreciated.

Currently i have the following mods on my car (listed in order of when i did them)

Powerflow exhaust
K&N induction Kit
Full De-Cat
Remap by Paul @ rstuning

After the remap this weekend (and a huge thanks to paul, the car is un real now) the car does some 41mph in first gear, 70 in second! love it!

So my question is. Whats next in my list of performance mods you think i could do? I am looking for informaiton such as this.

182 exhaust manifold / £200 / +5bhp

Or whatever the relevant is.... if someone would be kind enough to do that upto say a throttle body stage then i can see where i go next. Thanks a lot.

also, anyone know roughly what bhp i will be running about now?

Lionel Richie
you're probably in the high 180's (bhp)

any higher, i would suggest cams and remap (£1700ish, but you get a new cambelt kit!)

exhaust manifold would be a good idea, but its an arse about to get it fitted, unless you have the DIY skills needed

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
Yes, all make an excellent difference on the road. For the money i think it's the best value for more power!

I'm biased though
Come try a map and if you don't like it i'll take it back off ;)

Paul

255 V6 Black Gold
dame right, made a great difference my remap, thanks again paul.

Anyone else got more mods and prices / power increases for me to consider.

thanks

R

rich[182]

Remove the K&N induction kit and replace with a panel filter
Get the inlets matched
Unless its been done recently get some new fully synth oil 5W-40 in
Then get the remap checked

255 V6 Black Gold
Yeah i always suspected the k&n would actually make it loose power, but the sound is good, ha.

Panel filter in the original box the way forward then for performace gains?

Even more so than a closed induction kit?

How much we looking at to get the inlets matched? who can do that on here GDI?

cheers.

LY 200
Yeah i always suspected the k&n would actually make it loose power, but the sound is good, ha.

Panel filter in the original box the way forward then for performace gains?

Even more so than a closed induction kit?

I chopped mine in the weekend mate and noticed an instant difference, sooooo much smoother up the revs it unbelievable.

I cant comment on how good the original box is cause i bought the car 4 months back with the k&n on it but iv changed over to a BMC and think its brilliant.......Nowhere near the sound the k&n gives off but then im not sure if thats a nice sound anyway now :S but it does give off some sound which the standard ab probably wouldnt id imagine!!!

255 V6 Black Gold
ah right I will check out the bmc box for me.

i am just in two minds you see, because i might go full hog and get throttle bodies from gdi or something

255 V6 Black Gold
nope not done coilovers, just some ultimate springs from ktec

brakes are just standard also. Obviously if i did the throttle body's i would up the brakes.

ha, no i just love my car and want to get the most out of it.

Its hit home when i went against a chipped fabia vrs last night which my mate owns, he pulled some 2 - 3 cars on me in second gear rolling on motorway

althought i would beat him straight line, it just annoyed me ha.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
you're probably in the high 180's (bhp)

any higher, i would suggest cams and remap (£1700ish, but you get a new cambelt kit!)

exhaust manifold would be a good idea, but its an arse about to get it fitted, unless you have the DIY skills needed

Lay off the crack pipe son. high 170's is an accurate guess!

I'm runnin high 180's with internal work and a decent IK.

Spk to the china man, he's good with his tools! ;)

255 V6 Black Gold
china man, whos that ha?

well if my car is 172 standardthen a decat, remap only adds 8 brake or less?

or is it that whole its not 172 its 164 or whatever....

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
china man, whos that ha?

well if my car is 172 standardthen a decat, remap only adds 8 brake or less?

or is it that whole its not 172 its 164 or whatever....

172ps is 169bhp! They all vary!? Much like rolling roads. Mine ran 171std and 186.2 after work. But to be fair that was on scotlands hottest recorded day and i know it'll run more than that!

255 V6 Black Gold
ah right i see i see

probably just all the talk i hear, i always thought the general rule was full de cats added 10% of power (feel free to laugh, but i only know what i get told lol)

thorttle bodies for me i think, gdi looking like the place.

172 Cup (2003)
Yes, all make an excellent difference on the road. For the money i think it's the best value for more power!

I'm biased though

Paul

What sort of cost are we looking at to remap a 172 ?

We may see more power, so i'm assuming we'll also see a decrease in fuel consumption?

Please excuse the dumb questions, i'm new to car modding!:quiet:

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR

I'm biased though

Paul

What sort of cost are we looking at to remap a 172 ?

We may see more power, so i'm assuming we'll also see a decrease in fuel consumption?

Please excuse the dumb questions, i'm new to car modding!:quiet:

£275 all in from us

Fuel consumption has the possibility to increase not decrease when driven normally

Paul

R

rich[182]

£275 all in from us

Paul

^ Paul, does that price include a before and after RR run, have you got onsite RR or still using another local one ?

Thanks
Rich

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
No rolling road included mate, we don't have one :(

But on the other hand thats not a bad thing cos they are shite!