ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Car will be the Development Car for Superchips 200 remaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Tbh I don't think there has been that much defensivness in this thread by the 200 owners, just people trying to wind them up at the earliest possible opportunity.

It's definitely a case of the 200 boys being pissed at Top Gear. We have even had videos of the 200 against other (unrelated) cars posted up.

The funny part is that most of these guys are masking their hate behind ironic cries of "it's just entertainment".

Just sayin.

Clio RS 200

After watching top gear, yes. Not because of other cars! If I wanted a DSR I would have got one. I always get the urge to mess about after top gear, the fact that I saw a 200 on there was even more urge. My aim is to get either a megane rs or new clio when there out but I also fancy keeping the 200 after getting a replacement, and making it as quick as possible. What was frustrating about top gear was the fact that its magazine completely contradicts the show! :)

Clio RS 200
Tbh I don't think there has been that much defensivness in this thread by the 200 owners, just people trying to wind them up at the earliest possible opportunity.

Your right there. I actually enjoy the banter though, half the time its funny! :)

Anyway, if the 200 lost, the other models must be useless as 200s are far better then the 172 and 182, 197s are closer to the mark at least. ;)

Clio RS 200
Why dont you just buy a quicker car?

Like a 182.

Note. The above comment, whilst made in jest, was proven a number of times at the last R Sport trackday.

lol, good one! :)

It cant be quicker, i think it was 5th Gear raced one againts a 200 round a track and the 200 was quicker. ;)

On no, we enter the TG debate again! lol

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
lol, good one! :)

It cant be quicker, i think it was 5th Gear raced one againts a 200 round a track and the 200 was quicker. ;)

On no, we enter the TG debate again! lol
Oh noes! Is that the one they cheated on and it was 5th gear not TG.

Makes me laugh it really does. People arguing over a few seconds here and there on a race track. Newsflash. You own a ROAD car.

Nurburgring laptime marketing from some manufacturers has convinced a lot of people that they're driving some super hardcore track racer. Muppets!

Clio 172
I don't see why people get defensive about things like Top Gear to be honest.

If you enjoy driving the car every time you drive it then that is all that matters.

I have had a lot of cars now and have returned to the Clio because it is awesome value for money/fun!

I wouldn't give one if top gear put it up against a Ford KA and it lost, I'd still have just as much fun in it.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Makes me laugh it really does. People arguing over a few seconds here and there on a race track. Newsflash. You own a ROAD car.

Nurburgring laptime marketing from some manufacturers has convinced a lot of people that they're driving some super hardcore track racer. Muppets!

Indeed

On the road, there's going to be no real discernable difference in speed between any of the RS Clio's :p

Indeed

On the road, there's going to be no real discernable difference in speed between any of the RS Clio's :p

In most cases there woud barely be any difference on the track either. Very very few people (especially on this clownshoe forum) have the ability to extract enough performance from a car for those last bits of dynamic advantage to make a difference. Myself included BTW before some spanner pipes up. As long as the car is enjoyable to drive that's all that matters. Lap times...FFS bore off.

Clio RS 200
I don't see why people get defensive about things like Top Gear to be honest.

If you enjoy driving the car every time you drive it then that is all that matters.

I have had a lot of cars now and have returned to the Clio because it is awesome value for money/fun!

I wouldn't give one if top gear put it up against a Ford KA and it lost, I'd still have just as much fun in it.

Exactly!! Couldnt agree more!

I think the only reason people post negative or silly comments is for Banter - lets face it, some of the comments are brilliant! :)

All of us buy a car that we like and falls within our price range; whether ones 1/2 second slower faster or is about as useful as a dead fish, we get them because we like them.

I dont mind if people want a banter, half of my comments on this thread are to prompt conversation, not because i care whether or not the 200 is .000000001 faster round a track then the 182.

I happen to like the 205 GTi's, there slower then alot of things now and alot of people think they are ugly, but i like them.

Some interesting points raised mind you! :)

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Oh noes! Is that the one they cheated on and it was 5th gear not TG.

Meh. Newbies.

How was it cheated?

It was 'Tony Hunters' 182 Cup. What was said about the cars on the day was strangely completely opposite to that which was shown on television ... and i quote:

So were 5th gear telling fibs then??

Yeah the 182 beat the 200. Simples.

they have to be careful not to upset the manufacturers buy showing that the new version isnt any better than the last etc or they wont get the cars to review and advertise (they are a commercial station)

Plato likes them both,but one is "a shopping car" the other "just great fun".I will let you decide which is which.

Topic Closed ;)

LOL at Asda. Personally I'd rather swim through a river of broken glass to an alternative supermarket on the other bank.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Oh Dave... :eek:

Pwing! I can't understand what makes them do it though. Is it just so they get a shot of the next model out? Surely it shouldn't matter to them which car wins. They aren't part of Renault.

We all know they cheated. Didn't they simply switch the lap times aswell?

Woah woah woah hang on. Back up. Back UP.

Are we saying that not everything we see in the media is actual cast iron fact?

Woah woah woah hang on. Back up. Back UP.

Are we saying that not everything we see in the media is actual cast iron fact?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Twice? You should get a job at NOTW...Oh wait.

This forum can lap the internet twice in the time it takes most others to do it once. Even a Clio forum is faster than any other marque's!

Status
Not open for further replies.