ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My cars back to reno again!!!!!!!!

Yep the revs have gone mental again fed up with it was only 3 weeks ago when i had it in for the same thing phone reno uk they couldnt give a f**k said i was going to get in touch with trading standards(its been back 4 times with the same problem)they said go ahead i feel like torching me car its in the garage more than i drive it not to say that ita cost me £40 to get a courtsey car insurance has any one else had these problems with their 1.2 16vs the revs go irratic when slowing down then it stalls if so pm me because im gonna screw reno uk this problem is a real danger and i think theres a problem with the 1.2 16vs engine managment system what does it take to get this problem sorted me having an accident with it!!!!!!!!!

Sympathise completely with you, got a 172 thats still in the garage after 2 weeks waiting for parts.. Ren UK didnt give a flying f**k about me and the dealership is exaclty the same, there response about a hire car was a very blunt "NO!" :mad:

If your off to trading standards then join the que.. :cry:

i had lots of problems to begin with but its been running fine lately.

just write a letter to renault, you might get some dosh:)

Sent two lettesr to Renault , Renault UK and Renault France also two to the dealers bosses. I wait, and I wait and I wait. When car goes in next week they will probably piss in it.

"Sorry sir but when we valeted (dreaming here) your car a bit off water got in"

Yep I had the same problem, mines only 2mths old and they had it in for an ECU update 3 weeks ago, they have just released a new update disk and another one is coming shortly to clear up any remaining problems. The update seems to have sorted although it has stalled twice in 3 weeks for no reason since the update! But it seems to have stopped since I stopped putting Sainsburys petrol in!!! Go to your dealer and ask about these new updates, failing that refuse to give them back their courtesy car like I did and tell them they are not allowed to drive yours until its fixed (except into the workshop) and take a photograph of your mileage to prove they have or have not driven it, they soon get off their arses!!!

Actually I need to take mine in AGAIN as they replaced the clutch pedal because it squeaked but they suceeded in making it worse and now the clutch judders!!!

Trading standards wont do much to scare renault. Go to watchdog or something. I am sure there is enough on this forum to bugger up Renault for a long time to come.

Paul

Yup same problems with me to.... Renault are sh*t.... You wait your gearbox will go soon then you can have that replaced twice......

S

SoundWave

I had a similar prob a couple of weeks ago, see
http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=2&TopicID=34297&PagePosition=16http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=2&TopicID=34297&PagePosition=16

After they claimed to have fixed it (said it was a loose wire) it started happening again a week ago. I took it back to them and they changed a pressure sensor which made no difference and are now waiting for a part which is on back order and dont know when its going to be in. Oh and of course they have no bloody courtsey cars available so I have been carless for a week!

I hope they are trying to sort me a rental car out now but they just dont seem to care.

Very unhappy with them at the moment. Altough the car has done 46k miles and has been fine up to this point. Just dreading having the 48k service done. Who knows what they will find wrong!

you have pm mate. I think I have finally found the route of the problem.

for all others, I have had the throttle body replaced and the ecu re-done. this faield to cure the problem. however, it has finally been traced to the wiring harness underneath the metal "prtective" box above the ecu at the top back of the engine.(small black box slap bang in the middle of the engine bay at the back). The box had worn away the wires and was cutting out the car. Worth a look as its apparently a known fault and there is a "recall worthy" adjustment that involves a protective sheath being put on the harness to stop it being damaged.