ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my cars over reving like a b!tch

SLK 350
Indeed, get someone to press the fast pedal while you stand under the bonnet looking at the throttle cable, unless of course you have electronic throttle control in which case thats pointless :)

Have you noticed you car using significantly more fuel than usual at all?

no no, im not putting the foot down heavy.

for some weird reason when i take off, its not picking up speed straight away, it delays for a second or more. you can see very high revs on the dial.

it goes over 6. does any of this makes any sense.?,

its reving so high like a b!tch when i put foot down, never did that before :(.

ill take it too a garage i guess. fcuking annoying things happen to me :(

ozzyo99 said:
Indeed, get someone to press the fast pedal while you stand under the bonnet looking at the throttle cable, unless of course you have electronic throttle control in which case thats pointless :)

Have you noticed you car using significantly more fuel than usual at all?

well for the last few days, ive been near red when its come to petrol, ive only filled up £5 so it is coming up to red again. u recon its cos i havent put enough petrol in the tank, and this is why its happening?

kullycliosport said:
mayb clutch is slippin:S

cant be, its a new clutch/ :(

i dont have a clue when it comes to technical s**t like this, but it changes gears fine. its only when i hit the acceleratorm all it does is over rev.

cant b the throttle cable as u get revs shown mmmmmm , me not 2 technical minded either .

er clutch cable worn ? even though u had a new clutch .
failing that ..................call the AA man .:quiet: me aint got a clue

172cup / mk1 rs1600
i know the valver is a completly diff engine, but i had the same prob last week, thought it was a sticking throttle cable, but i took off the wiring on the idle control valve, cleaned it up cliped it back down n now its spot on.... just a thought...?
austen

172cup / mk1 rs1600
^^^ scrap that, just read it again, does sound like the clutch... release bearing/pressure plate?

that cars drives fine, no problem with gear changes, i can drive fast, just delays for a secound or too for the accelration to kick in.

all it does is over rev. shows on the dial going over 6. if that helps

it over revs on the rev counter. and does delay by a second or 2 if i put my foot on the accelerator hard. then it goes fast. im confused. ill take it into a garage

think u might be right martin. i have no idea. im not a mehcanic. lol

the engine makes sounds that i am iver reving, u can tell wen u put the foot down. then the drive response becomes slow to get to 30mph in second gear for a second or 2. and it shows it going over 6k on the rev counter.

i bet ive confused u all,. lol

JPEX-CLIO said:
think u might be right martin. i have no idea. im not a mehcanic. lol

the engine does over rev, u can tell wen u put the foot down that the drive response is slow for a second. and it shows it going to 6k on the rev counter.

i bet ive confused u all,. lol

yay:quiet:

A Euro'd one...
Sounds like a clutch. Could be clutch cable also. My bros been through 3 clutches in 6 months in his Golf as the clutch cable was knackered. Also you have to 'break' the clutch in for the first 500 miles, so if youve been ripping the sh!t out of your car it would have ruined the new clutch.