ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My cars to date

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Clean my current motor today and whilst sifting through my pictures thought i'd share a trip down 6 years of memory lane!

Although not my first but second clio (and car), the 'Green Sheep' as named by the Northern Williams lot will be the most recognised for all the old skool members. Also one of the first non-cups to have Turinis and Ph1's with a Ph2 rear, I can't claim credit for the idea though!:

jon023.gif

RWS.gif

Got me into modifying, track days and detailing to an extent!

Wanted something more so sold it after a few years and bought this as a short term summer fun car, years later I still have it!

016-1.jpg

I then bought this, needed alot of work and after I'd spent a small fortune, the crank went, was gutted but still the best handling car I have ever owned:

014.jpg

This cropped up and I fell in love with the colour and BTB exhaust:

IMG_3605Large.jpg

IMG_3631Large.jpg

Unfortunately hard times fell and I couldn't afford to keep it, so entered the Drug Dealer months:

Inv9i7uxrummz.gif

176.gif

Which, unsurprisingly being a 4.0 V8 was quite thirsty, had to go. So tried my hand at a track car:

ALX_0420.gif

IMG_8498.gif

A Change of job made it hell to drive everyday, no interior and a very loud exhaust! Also, my trying to be a hero may have made the car unroadworthy, hopefully it will see the light of track again though!

Which brings us to today, a few pics of my current car at my parents house:

IMG_90331.gif

IMG_90351.gif

IMG_90401.jpg

IMG_90421.jpg

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
3/4 cars at your parents are yours lol, love it!

Out of the 6 cars Ive owned, Ive only sold 2 of them! :eek:

Loved your Petrol Blue though, stunning colour.

How much do I wanna get a small 4x4 and do a bit of offroading.... VERY MUCH! hehe, a tad jealous of the Suzi.

S4 Avant
Very nice Jon!

Peacock meets are starting again in a couple of weeks. I expect you to be there, or be dead.

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Love the suzuki

A good collection there

Looking back i'm glad i've done it, i definatly know what I do and don't like about different cars.

3/4 cars at your parents are yours lol, love it!

Out of the 6 cars Ive owned, Ive only sold 2 of them! :eek:

Loved your Petrol Blue though, stunning colour.

How much do I wanna get a small 4x4 and do a bit of offroading.... VERY MUCH! hehe, a tad jealous of the Suzi.

Well i've lent the Suzuki to my dad so tahts his Daily atm, but think i'll steal it back when the weather improves!

Very nice Jon!

Peacock meets are starting again in a couple of weeks. I expect you to be there, or be dead.

You going to risk it then Dave? She might try and kill you.. oh wait..

Love the saxo!

Is epic that thing! only reason I haven't split it and moved on is the noise and grip on Semi Slicks. Amazing.

Dont normally like ph1's but how you made it was perfect. Whats been your overall favourite car out of the lot ?

Si

RS Clio 172
Saner, you have one of my towing eyes on the Saxo <3 You should have said, I would have given you nicey pricey.

Awww.

I was there when you stacked the vts lol.
Tbh to much wetness for too little track for all cars. You were just the first one to hit the barrier to make us all think and slow down a little

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Nice collection there Jon!!

Now get the saxo up & running again, Mike gets upset that there's a saxo within 30 miles, sat there, that he doesnt have his grubby little angle grinding hands on ...

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I remember them all. Great collection.

What were you smoking when you thought buying a 540 would save you money? LMAO. ;)

330i. E30 Touring.
540 was hero spec.

I think my missus' pants are still a bit damp from 'the ride'.

172, Tiguan
I loved that 5 series. 328 Sport is nice as well mate. Dave F and M50 mani and you're away!

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Dont normally like ph1's but how you made it was perfect. Whats been your overall favourite car out of the lot ?

That is a very tough one to answer, I grew up with my mates and the Green clio, went through alot with that car so I look back on it fondly. Could drive it flat out and showed quite a few 2.0's what cornering speed meant at track days posting faster times than them!
The jeep is epic in summer, It's original, with only 40k on the clock. Top off, music loud, can't beat it. Long journeys though? Will kill your spine!
The 205, as mentioned, best handling car i've ever driven, only had one day or driving it proply go never got to know it, could have been so much more.
The 182 was me being shallow, I loved the colour / rarity. Fantastic for B Road blasts and very economical / value for money vehicle. However I invested so much i never really had the guts to really see what it was capable of.
The 540, most comfortable car EVER! + looks on people faces, one side of the car pristine, other wrecked, good for cruising at silly speeds.
VTS, unbelievable little car, so easy to work on and modify to suit your driving style, very under estimated. Made of Tinfoil however. Resent that car after having to use it for 300 mile fortnightly trips
328 Sport, early days, bough as a fixer upper, nearly there. Perfect balance of comfortable motorway cruiser yet still capable of fun on B-Roads, all whilst returning an acceptable MPG (If you want it to)

When I come to change my car can I has dibs on the vts? Awesome looking machine :D

Finger crossed I wont sell it, there are plans, I just need the money!

VTS's are awesome. They deserve so much more appreciation than what they get!

Agreed

Saner, you have one of my towing eyes on the Saxo <3 You should have said, I would have given you nicey pricey.

Think I bought direct from you on SaxP, I'm Saner there too.. Why no love ;)

Awww.

I was there when you stacked the vts lol.
Tbh to much wetness for too little track for all cars. You were just the first one to hit the barrier to make us all think and slow down a little

Made myself think too! TBH Cold Slicks on a Wet Track wasn't going to end well regardless!

Nice one saner you schlaag.

Suzuki is a definitely a homo mobile though ;)

Suzuki is the one I get the most compliment for! Had so many offers for it. Plus, buy the amount of love for it in this thread I believe your opinion is invalid

I loved your green ph1, it's what made me start modifying my first mk2ph1.

Nice little collection, I'm even a closet fan of the Suzuki.

See Luke ;)

Nice collection there Jon!!

Now get the saxo up & running again, Mike gets upset that there's a saxo within 30 miles, sat there, that he doesnt have his grubby little angle grinding hands on ...

If I move back south Mike might get some action!

Nice collection. I remember reading about the Beemer on here (I think) but didnt realise it was yours and I was wondering what happened to the Saxo

Yep, had a little project thread, one of the few threads i kept updated!

I remember them all. Great collection.

What were you smoking when you thought buying a 540 would save you money? LMAO. ;)

lol, the car was free! I spent £750 fixing it and sold it for £750 so all I ever spent was petrol (all be it alot of petrol)

182 looked great.

It did, always wished I was rich enough to just keep all the cars I've owned.

540 was hero spec.

I think my missus' pants are still a bit damp from 'the ride'.

:cool:

I loved that 5 series. 328 Sport is nice as well mate. Dave F and M50 mani and you're away!

Tempting I must admit, currently going for OEM mintyness so going to sort the wheels, will no doubt get bored and start tinkering!

Sj4(13?) for the win Saner!

SJ413 Samurai to be exact!

Love the green sheep Jon, but you know that!

I'd buy it back if I ever found it for sale! Has a 172 front last I heard. Yours was mint to mate. Those were the days!

Awesome cars! How was the 540 as a day to day car?

On the motorway, reasonable ish. high 20's low 30's mpg.
However I used it for my 2 mile commute to work through country roads so got high 10's if I was lucky. That the only think I can fault it on. Oh and an age for teh Kick Down to activate!

Monaco 172 + mk1 RSi
looks like you dont sell them once youve baught them lol could have done a family shot, good cars tho, zuki and 205 are the best tho ;)

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
I remember your 540 on the M27/M3! ;)

That was fantastic, after the Mega Burger meet IIRC. Cost a bomb in petrol. Trying to to drift at the M27/M3 junction was interesting.

Nice car selection and variation! Wish my parents were as leanient with cars!

Well, my dad uses the Jeep and I was just visiting, so I've only really dumped one there!

looks like you dont sell them once youve baught them lol could have done a family shot, good cars tho, zuki and 205 are the best tho ;)

You can just see my mums car in the garage, so it's a family shot in that sense!

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
May have bought another VTS a couple of months ago....

Silver one has gone but the mods live on!

IMG_1408.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1408.jpg
    IMG_1408.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 46

Poopensharten

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Love your faith in the VTS's, theyre such a great buy for the performance, easibly tuneable too - i'd love another!!!

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Wow, Can't believe its been a year since I last posted in this thread.

To update:

I had the Silver VTS (bent), Green VTS, E36 328i Sport

Sold the Silver VTS
Sold the Green VTS
Wrote off the E36
Bought a Volvo 850 T-5
Engine went bang in the T-5
Bought my E36 back off the insurers
Sold the E36
Swapped blown engine T-5 for running T-5
T-5 now up for sale
Bought E30 318i Touring

Realise that the E30 is slow but what I need is something to get to work and back, funds are needed to keep working on the 1961 Volvo i'm restoring!
Only have a couple of pics which I will post soon.

ja2upegy.jpg

ure5eju4.jpg

Last edited:

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
Lets see some pis of the old volvo you are restoring!

PH1 Clio 172
Volvo's are sorely underrated and love a T model.
Good luck n the resto project too.
Sold my T4 about 6 months ago and was one of the best cars driven as well as one of the fastest.