ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Civic Type R (FD2) project..... (Includes overpriced GruppeM loveliness)

Focus RS Mk1
cracking car, and well done for not being a sheep n going CW!

£850 for an induction kit! wow! seems to have actually worked though.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Lovely car and nicely modified, too. The only thing I don't like (my own personal taste only of course!) is the TODA exhaust. I've not seen one Type-R (FD2 or otherwise) that I've particularly liked with one fitted.

A good friend of mine is currently Mugen-ifying his FN2 and the engine mod's are coming along nicely. Looks quite mean, too! He's just seen the FD2 RR Advanced concept video and he now wants that as well... LOL!

Enjoy.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Epic.

Apart from the incorrect colour choice, I can't fault it. ;)

Gruppe M is amazing. Worth every penny.

M135i
Thanks for the comments guys.

Christopher, there seems to be a lot of love for the blue over cw in this thread so far. Surely they can't all be wrong?! :approve:

Been having a play about with the car today. Really can't stop giggling at the noise the GruppeM makes. Going to have another crack at recording some sound clips at the weekend as you guys have just gotta hear it!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
i dont get why people get shocked at the price of the ik, its a pretty hefty kit you get... for comparrison the hks mushroom kit for a fd3s even though its s**t new costs over 500 quid lol and thats basically for 2 mushroom filters, the cage and 2 small pipes lol!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Personally not a big fan, prefer the UK edition...(Which nobody else does)

The gruppe M is such a wonderful looking piece of kit. Considering ones for mine!!! Hummmm.

Turbos.
Certainly some great mods there! Not growing on me though the FD2. If the front end was grafted onto a coupe shape, great, but as a saloon, i am not a fan at all. Colour is also bland IMO.

Westfield
Love FD2's :cool:

Especialy in championship white, Blue still looks great IMO.

and the Gruppe M noise is immense!

Integra Type-R DC2
Theres a white one of these round here (think its the guy who owns Torque GT) and its friggin' awesome. Such a good looking car.

M135i
I doubt anyone cares, but my baby went off to its new owner last week...... :( so just been reading this old thread to remind me of the good times....

Got a stupidly long wait until my new car arrives too which just makes things worse. And to cap it all off, I've just realised I've lost my videos that I'd recorded of the GruppeM sound! :mad:

Anyway last few pics before she disappeared off into the sunset........

x5nx3l.jpg

344s31f.jpg

r9n3nn.jpg

M135i
I'm going for a new BMW 328i like this....

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?631372-New-F30-BMW-3-Series-M-Sport

Part of me is a bit concerned the new motor won't live up to the FD2..... As nice as the BMW will be, I don't think it feel as special or have the wow factor/rarity of the FD2. The chap who ended up buying it off me said he used to have a DC5, went German and quickly got bored so went back to Hondas.

Here's hoping I haven't made a big mistake........

Renault Clio 172 Cup
yh that bm looks nice what colour you thinking about going for, yh a guy at work had a dc2 then went for a bmw sold it after a few months and went back to jap got a ep3